Growth Marketing Manager, SEM - ThumbtackView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Growth Marketing Manager, SEM
- Job Location
- Remote, United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $600B+ industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 75 million projects started on Thumbtack
- 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 9 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Growth Marketing Team
We’re a team of digital marketers that create engaging campaigns across channels and we work closely with cross-functional partners (Brand, Product, Engineering, and Data Science) to drive growth on both sides of Thumbtack’s marketplace. We are nimble, and innovative and our team’s mission is to help customers solve their home care needs by discovering and using Thumbtack’s platform.
About the Role
As Thumbtack strives to build a branded destination for home management services, we need to meet new customers where they are. The Growth Marketing Manager, SEM will lead Thumbtack’s efforts to capture customer demand for local services, while working with Analytics to calculate lifetime value and payback targets, partnering with Engineering to build data pipelines that support bid automation and new tools for ad creation at scale, and collaborating with the larger Growth Marketing team to build effective full-funnel marketing programs.
- Define & improve Thumbtack’s paid search strategy, identifying new opportunities for customer and pro growth along with Senior Manager, SEM
- Prioritize execution of ad budgets and strategic initiatives
- Motivate & mentor junior teammates, serving as a search leader across Thumbtack
- Own the management and optimizations for the SEM and MAI programs across Google, Bing, and Apple Search Ads, adhering to KPIs
- Partner with cross-functional data science, analytics, and engineering teams to build automation and scalable tools
- Own the tracking, attribution, and measurement of performance metrics (ROAS, incrementality, lift, etc.) using a combination of in-house and third-party data
What you’ll need
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 6+ years experience in paid digital advertising, with at least 4 years of hands-on SEM account management, specifically with a proven track record of improving and scaling ad programs with specific conversion volume and efficiency goals
- Strong data analytics skills (pivot tables, vlookups, basic modeling)
- Exhibit strong presentation skills and can confidently communicate to cross-functional teams and senior leadership
- Highly organized with strong project management skills, and the ability to multitask and manage competing priorities
- Understanding of the evolving digital media landscape and trends to recommend new opportunities and enhancements to Thumbtack’s SEM strategy
Bonus points if you have
- Experience with Mobile App Install campaigns (Apple Search Ads, Google UAC)
- Experience with other paid marketing channels
- Home services industry experience
- Experience in a high growth tech company and/or two-sided marketplace app/company
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity combined with big-picture thinking and exceptional problem solving skills
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines. Learn more about our virtual-first working model here. #LI-Remote
For candidates living in San Francisco / Bay Area, New York City, or Seattle metros, the expected salary range for the role is currently $130,000 - $170,000. Actual offered salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as calibrated job level, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role.
For candidates living in all other US locations, the expected salary range for this role is currently $110,000 - $145,000. Actual offered salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as calibrated job level, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role.Benefits & Perks
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and Thumbtack services
- Cell phone and WiFi reimbursements
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
Learn More About Us
- Life @ Thumbtack Blog
- How Thumbtack is embracing virtual work
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Meet the pros who inspire us
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state, or local law. We also will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law.
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact: email@example.com.
Thumbtack Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Thumbtack Company Size
Between 1,000 - 5,000 employees
Thumbtack Founded Year
Thumbtack Total Amount Raised
Thumbtack Funding RoundsView funding details