Group Creative Director, Entertainment - Cashmere AgencyView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Group Creative Director, Entertainment
- Job Location
- Los Angeles
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Cashmere Agency is a lifestyle marketing collective of creative minds from the worlds of entertainment, advertising, and new media. We build authentic campaigns, pieced together by a creative mix of marketing and public relations strategies that resonate with today’s ever-evolving audience. Our client base includes a number of TV networks, motion picture studios, tech companies, and top-tier brands.
Reporting to EVP, Executive Creative Director, the Group Creative Director works with and successfully manages a team and/or group of creatives to produce outstanding creative work for our clients and help generate a leading reputation for the agency.
- Functions as Group Head of one of the creative groups and is responsible for all work assigned to that group.
- Participates in and contributes to the new business activities of the agency.
- Conceives and executes advertising consistent with the agreed strategy as well as assigns work to his/her group.
- Ensures that the creative group delivers jobs within the agreed strategy, deadlines, and budgets.
- Available for client meetings for presenting new creative concepts and help build solid client relationships.
- Contributes to the development and negotiation of staffing plans based on the scope of work.
- Collaborates with departments to create/revise the scope of work.
- Oversee creative work in-house (and/or outside vendor) and reviews job i.e.: comps, mechanicals, retouching, visual design, motion design, copywriting, including the management of time and budget.
- Works closely with Creative and Production (and/or TV production) to come up with the best possible creative solutions for that job.
- Facilitates hiring, managing, developing, and promoting team members.
- Consistently mentors group, setting performance goals and conducts performance reviews
- Participates in weekly departmental staff meetings or daily standup meets as needed - actively approves creative assets and pitch decks
- Attends interdepartmental briefings.
- Keeps department head appraised status work.
- Assigns project members of their respective departments.
- Develops concepts and/or storyboards (for TV), collaborating with Production as needed.
- Reviews concepts.
- Meets with Account and Production who review work in progress and select desired concepts.
- Presents concepts to other corridors if necessary and revise concepts/storyboards according to comments.
- Presents recommendations as appropriate (e.g. creative concepts, research, lists, TV scripts, etc.) to client.
- Shares approved recommendations with all departments.
- Reviews paper recommendations (weight, color, etc.) and mechanicals with client to obtain approval.
- Creates art list and memo relating details of photoshoots/stock photography
- Leads new business pitches and assigned staff to prospective accounts
- Provides Producer with approved storyboards, job number, and air date.
- Works with Art Director, writer, and producer to begin production of rough-cut.
- Bachelors degree, relevant field of study - OR - equivalent experience as described below
- 10+ years of social media, digital marketing & advertising experience
- Art education in advertising design and conceptual thinking.
- Minimum 5+ Creative Director in Marketing and Advertising
- 7+ years of management experience.
- 3+ years experience with not only traditional, general market campaigns but multicultural campaigns that target multifaceted audiences and consumers
- Must be an industry leader with a highly visible profile with 5+ years of experience within direct marketing.
- Excellent presentation skills, able to command the attention of client executives at all levels - charismatic, credible, influential, and knowledgeable
- Strong understanding of social and digital platforms and the ability to successfully take campaigns across diverse platforms
- Strong leadership skills - able to give constructive feedback in a timely manner and also motivate others
- Experience, talent, judgment, and imagination for the creation of an advertisement.
- Skilled in critique and criticism and be able to manage and supervise both art and copy.
- Portfolio and reel required to demonstrate experience, creative and technical skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to foster optimal department relationships.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong Proficiency in Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Strong Proficiency in Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Calendar)
- Team builder.
- Strong problem-solving skills and detail-oriented.
- Technical knowledge of all aspects of the digital marketing industry.
- Strong desire to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment
Cashmere’s core values are:
- Own the work. Elevate each other.
- Seek to understand. Speak with intent.
- Spark Something. Challenge everything.
- Make room. Make change.
- Set the standard. Be undeniably dope.
Cashmere is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you would like to become a part of one of the most influential, Culture agencies, then apply today!
Cashmere Agency Headquarters Location
Los Angeles, CA
Cashmere Agency Company Size
Between 100 - 200 employees
Cashmere Agency Founded Year