Global Payroll Manager - AlphaSenseView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Global Payroll Manager
- Job Location
- New York, New York, United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Location: NYC or Remote United States
Reports to: Director of Finance
AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 3,500 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,000 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
About the Team:
The AlphaSense Finance team is responsible for efficiently driving the creation of enterprise value by supporting capital allocation decisions across the business. We exist to help the company make intelligent, data-driven decisions through financial analysis; scenario modeling; tracking, interpreting and disseminating key performance indicators; and by serving as a critical thought partner to senior leadership.
About the Role:
We are looking for a passionate, analytical, and detail oriented professional to run our US payroll function, along with overseeing our international payroll. The company is growing rapidly and with the company recently taking payroll in-house and with employees in over 35 states, we need a highly competent and experienced individual to ensure accurate and timely payroll processing as well as reporting to the relevant authorities. You will report to the Director of Finance and will work closely with the Accounting Team and People team as we build a world class process that is set to up scale for continued high growth.
Who You Are:
- 10+ years experience with both US domestic and international payroll, preferably at a high-growth company
- Experience with Workday Payroll is required
- Expertise in application of state and local payroll taxes, application of benefits, 401k, and all other aspects of payroll
- You have an expert level knowledge of payroll related best practices, applicable wage and hour regulations, and strong ability to accurately interpret and apply organizational procedures, rules, and regulations
- You have successfully launched new payroll systems and processes in new countries from the ground up
- You have expertise at creating and running customized Workday reports that are needed for all tax, compliance, and regulatory purposes.
- You have a working knowledge of payroll accounting / general ledger activities
- You have proven organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work well in an environment with competing demands
- You pride yourself on your professional manner and ability to deal with a high volume of employee inquiries
What You’ll Do:
- Own the end-to-end payroll process for a 1,300+ employee company operating in the US, Europe, and Asia
- Responsible for building best in class scalable global payroll processes
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local, and international tax laws
- Manage a growing team of payroll specialists in our global organization
- Establish and maintain appropriate SLAs for dealing with any payroll related issues
- Establish best in class reconciliation and review processes
- Assist with reviewing and updating SOX narratives and payroll process documentation as needed
- Work with the Accounting, People, FP&A, and Legal teams to resolve issues and provide payroll support and information as needed
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.
Base Compensation Range*: $140,000 - $160,000
Additional Components: You may also be offered a performance-based bonus, equity, and a generous benefits program.
*For base compensation, we set standard ranges for all US-based roles based on function, level and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies and internal comparables. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including geographic location as well as candidate experience/expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
AlphaSense Headquarters Location
AlphaSense Company Size
Between 10 - 50 employees
AlphaSense Founded Year
AlphaSense Total Amount Raised
AlphaSense Funding RoundsView funding details