General Manager, Australia - DoorDashView Company Profile
- Job Title
- General Manager, Australia
- Job Location
- Melbourne, VIC; Sydney, NSW
- Job Description
About the Team
DoorDash is looking for a talented General Manager, Australia to join our Strategy & Operations team. The Strategy & Operations team at DoorDash works cross functionally, makes strategic decisions, and executes our market management strategies to ensure that DoorDash meets its business objectives. This person will lead DoorDash’s business in Australia, and will be responsible for our overall success in the market.
About the Role
- This is a senior and cross functional leadership role that will be accountable overall business success–including growth and profitability–in Australia.
- The General Manager is expected to oversee for the development, execution, and resource procurement to achieve DoorDash’s business objectives in the Australian market.
- Setting the right goals, making the right tradeoffs, and effectively allocating resources across the business will be critical to achieve success.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Generate strategies and goals that enable cross-functional teams to achieve product market fit and scale the DoorDash marketplace across Australia
- Allocate capital, talent, and products to drive the business, financial, and strategic objectives for the Australia business through quarterly and annually planning
- Develop local leaders and teams to ensure long term success and growth of DoorDash in Australia
- Manage and lead the team to address market risks, challenges, and opportunities that arise on a day-to-day basis
- Set the right tone and cultivate the right culture and environment for DoorDash and its local Australian teams to be productive, effective, and successful
We’re excited about you because you have…
- 8+ years of previous general management experience in an e-commerce or marketplace company
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Leadership and management experience in scaling complex businesses
- Background in consulting, banking, general management at a technology company preferred
- Strong analytical skills required - fluency in spreadsheets required and SQL skills preferred
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are strategic - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Delivering Good”
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for DoorDash and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
DoorDash Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
DoorDash Company Size
Between 8,600 - 8,600 employees
DoorDash Founded Year
DoorDash Total Amount Raised
DoorDash Funding RoundsView funding details