Full Stack Software Engineer - SandboxAQView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Full Stack Software Engineer
- Job Location
- Washington, D.C. or Remote, USA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Ready to join the AQ era?
SandboxAQ is solving challenging problems with AI + Quantum for positive impact. We partner with global leaders in government, academia, and the private sector to identify applications that would benefit from quantum-based applications to current and future commercial challenges. We engage with customers early and throughout the development process to improve market fit.
Our team’s unique approach enables cross-pollination across a diverse range of fields, from physics, computer science, neuroscience, mathematics, cryptography, natural sciences and more! Our success comes from coalescing diverse talent to create an environment where experimental thinking and collaboration yield breakthrough AI + Quantum solutions. Join a culture where thought leadership, diverse talent, employee engagement, and technological impact will create the next tech uproar.
We are deeply committed to education as a means to advance quantum solutions and computing initiatives. We invest in future talent through internship programs, research papers, developer tools, textbooks, educational talks/events and partnerships with universities/talent hubs to attract multi-disciplinary talent. Our hope is to inspire people from all walks of life to be prepared for the quantum era and encourage a path in STEM.
About The Role:
The SandboxAQ team is looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to help develop and implement the next generation of cybersecurity systems. A successful candidate will be comfortable owning the end-to-end lifecycle of internal and external facing applications. Knowledge of information security best practices for the Department of Defense and/or the Intelligence Community will be considered a plus. The candidate will be part of a diverse team consisting of cryptographers, mathematicians, ML experts, and physicists, where they will play a key role in efficient and effective enablement of the technologies being developed.
This position is contingent on contract award.
How you will make an impact:
- Support the implementation and customization of the post-quantum cryptography and cybersecurity product for particular customer needs, liaise with customer technical teams, and manage projects to completion.
- Work with teams of developers and cryptographers to design frontend and backend services to support a wide range of network security solutions.
- Rapid prototype enablement for new web applications from end-to-end, and iterate on them to achieve enterprise-level stability.
- Incorporate cloud infrastructure throughout the deployment lifecycle
- Work with sales and other stakeholders, including partners to jointly define solutions. This includes participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer security requirements and mapping SandboxAQ solutions to customer requirements.
- Delivering capabilities to the Federal Government, to include the migration of existing applications and security frameworks using SandboxAQ technologies.
- Provide feedback to SandboxAQ development on product requirements and enhancements. Work with our engineering, support, and business teams to convey partner and customer feedback to the future product roadmap.
- ~20% travel to client site near Washington, DC.
What you should have:
- U.S. Citizenship and/or security clearance is required due to USG contract requirements.
- Experience as a Full Stack Software Engineer – understanding of enterprise security, network, and infrastructure. Additionally, understanding of endpoint, embedded security, risk and compliance.
- Proficiency with scalable backend languages (e.g. Python, Go, Scala/Clojure/Java, Erlang) on Linux hosts.
- Knowledge of RESTful design and implementation (knowledge of GraphQL is a plus).
- Experience interfacing with modern SQL/noSQL databases and designing schemas
- Deep expertise in designing, developing, and maintaining high-availability services
- Ability to work in a small team / rapid prototyping environment and deal with uncertainty and fluidity.
- Past experience with encryption and other public key based technologies.
- Experience with enterprise cloud technologies, both public and hybrid cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP), scripting languages (Python, RoR, etc), and/or integrating with 3rd party DevOps, and monitoring tools.
- Past experience working on cybersecurity or network engineering teams.
It’d be great if you also had these:
- Active TS with SCI eligibility within the last 2 years.
- Proven track record in user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) design
- Familiarity with modern continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) practices.
- Experience with cross-platform data structures such as Protobuf
- Knowledge of or interest in modern cryptography and/or machine learning
- First-hand implementation experience having worked on, or in support of, government agency cybersecurity or network engineering teams.
- Experience working with Federal customers for software development and implementation.
- Ability to take initiative, adapt quickly to changing priorities and work with a high sense of urgency.
SandboxAQ welcomes all.We are committed to creating an inclusive culture where we have zero tolerance for discrimination. We invest in our employees' personal and professional growth. Once you work with us, you can’t go back to normalcy because great breakthroughs come from great teams and we are the best in quantum technology.We offer competitive salaries, stock options depending on employment type, generous learning opportunities, medical/dental/vision, family planning/fertility, PTO (summer and winter breaks), financial wellness resources, 401(k) plans, and more.Equal Employment Opportunity: All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.Accommodations: we provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in job application procedures for open roles. If you need such an accommodation.
SandboxAQ Headquarters Location
Palo Alto, CA
SandboxAQ Company Size
Between 100 - 500 employees
SandboxAQ Founded Year
SandboxAQ Total Amount Raised
SandboxAQ Funding RoundsView funding details