Front-End Developer, Growth Marketing - 23andMeView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Front-End Developer, Growth Marketing
- Job Location
- Sunnyvale, California
- Job Description
We are looking for a qualified Front-End Developer to join our Growth Marketing team. You will be responsible for building the ‘client-side’ of our e-commerce website. You should be able to translate our company and customer needs into functional and appealing interactive applications that drive growth for our consumer business.
If you’re interested in creating a user-friendly environment by writing code and moving forward in your career, then this job is for you. We expect you to be a tech-savvy professional, who is curious about new digital technologies and aspires to combine usability with visual design.
Ultimately, you should be able to create a functional and attractive digital environment for our company, ensuring a great user experience.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You’ll Do
- Passion for current trends and best practices in front-end architecture and performance
- Write unit and integration tests and maintain a high quality standard in collaboration with our QA team
- Strong knowledge of HTML and CSS, including layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility
- Maintain and improve website via Marketing funnel optimization
- Optimize applications for maximum speed
- Drive technical SEO improvements to the website
- Launch and maintain a new content management system
- Scripting of dynamic email templates to enable efficiency for our email marketing team
- Ensure our site performs well for different devices, browsers and screen sizes
- Collaborate with back-end developers and web designers to improve usability
- Write technical documentation and translate technically complex information for non-technical stakeholders
- Help back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Ensure high quality graphic standards and brand consistency
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
What You’ll Bring
- 2+ years of proven work experience as a Front-End developer
- Hands on experience with markup languages
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Understanding of layout aesthetics
- Knowledge of SEO principles
- Experience in marketing funnel optimization
- Familiarity with software like Figma, Optimizely and content management systems
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical, multitasking, problem solving skills
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
While our team is based in Sunnyvale, CA this position is open to remote work, and we will consider exceptional candidates throughout the United States.
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.
23andMe takes a market-based approach to pay, and amounts will vary depending on your geographic location. The salary range reflected here is for a candidate based in the San Francisco Bay Area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.San Francisco Bay Area Base Pay Range$123,000—$185,000 USD
23andMe Headquarters Location
Mountain View, CA
23andMe Company Size
Between 500 - 1,000 employees
23andMe Founded Year
23andMe Total Amount Raised
23andMe Funding RoundsView funding details
Post Ipo Equity