FP&A Manager - Synapse HealthView Company Profile
- Job Title
- FP&A Manager
- Job Location
- Job Description
- Synapse Health | Who We AreWith the collective efforts of our epic team members, we’re trailblazing a new path in the DME industry. Synapse Health was founded in 2016 with a goal to fix the fractured DME ecosystem and completely transform the industry. Built on decades of industry and leadership experience, we’ve launched tech-based solutions that eliminate age-old DME headaches, resulting in a seamless experience for all. We are proud to offer work that matters, on a mission that matters.What We NeedThe FP&A Manager plays a key role in fostering a comprehensive understanding of the company's financial landscape, providing strategic insights, and facilitating informed decision-making across the organization. This position involves working closely with various departments to gather, analyze and interpret financial data, as well as providing insights and recommendations to support strategic decision-making.What You Will Do
What You HaveAt Synapse Health we’ve intentionally built a culture of kindness, collaboration and creativity, and we consider those qualities to be table stakes for any new team member. In addition, this role requires:
Collaborate with department heads to develop annual budgets and periodic forecasts.
Analyze variances between actual results and budget/forecast, providing explanations for significant discrepancies.
Conduct thorough financial analysis including trend analysis, key performance indicators (KPIs) and other relevant metrics.
Provide insights into business performance and strategic discussions based on financial data.
Prepare, distribute and present accurate and timely financial reports to key stakeholders.
Develop and maintain financial models to support reporting and analysis.
Assist in developing financial models to support business planning and decision-making.
Develop strategies to mitigate risks and ensure financial stability.
Ensure accuracy and completeness of financial data.
What Sets You Apart
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or other related field required. A Master's degree or professional certification (e.g., CFA, CPA) is a plus.
Background in analytical environments with Excel modeling experience (corporate finance/FP&A, accounting/transaction advisory, valuation, consulting, banking, corporate development, etc.).
Minimum 3-7 years' relevant analytical experience in the healthcare industry with DME experience preferred.
Advanced MS Excel & PowerPoint skills with the ability to analyze large amounts of data and maintain complex financial models with demonstrated proficiency with advanced Excel functions.
Possesses a ‘can-do’ attitude and GSD mentality with demonstrated ability to complete projects while managing multiple deadlines and internal/external customers.
Excellent communicator and collaborator; service-oriented business partner to colleagues.
Demonstrate high attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
Management & Leadership: Demonstrates the ability to influence and guide members of an organization.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and displays openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed; recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
- Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
What Sets Us ApartIt’s no secret that most of us work to provide for ourselves and those we love, but just because we have to work, doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy it. In fact, at Synapse Health, we insist on it! We want our team members to thrive personally and professionally, which is why our benefits include:
Professional growth opportunities with compelling career paths
Healthy work-life balance culture with paid time off (PTO)
Medical, dental and vision insurance for full-time team members
401K savings plan with employer contribution match
Synapse Health is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
Synapse Health Headquarters Location
Synapse Health Company Size
Between 20 - 100 employees
Synapse Health Founded Year
Synapse Health Total Amount Raised
Synapse Health Funding RoundsView funding details