Forensic Examiner - UK - DiscoView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Forensic Examiner - UK
- Job Location
- London, England
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
DISCO has an exciting new opportunity in our growing Forensics department. We are looking for a Forensic Examiner to join DISCO that will help us continue to grow our Forensics Services business. As a Forensic Examiner, you will implement the most efficient and defensible methods to collect data from all sources for preservation, review, and analysis while using the most advanced forensic tools in the market.
We are seeking a customer-focused individual with strong technical skills to join the team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for solving problems and creating highly satisfied customers. The role requires sufficient technical skill to understand and address data file issues, identify and navigate network problems, and diagnose issues. The role also requires the ability to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical users, helping them meet their discovery deadlines
What You'll Do
- Conduct remote, on-site, and in-lab forensic collections of digital evidence using best practices and approved software and hardware
- Conduct preliminary investigations, and manage data intake
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to staff personnel involved in the investigation and litigation process to ensure precautions are taken to prevent spoliation of evidence
- Provide operational and administrative support to the Data Management program and Digital Forensics Laboratory in configuring hardware and software and managing inventories
- Ensure evidence is stored and archived in a manner consistent to maintain preservation and protection of data and evidence
- Ensure all hardware and software is verified and validated in accordance with established guidelines and the Federal Rules of Evidence
- Adhere to strict forensic procedures for collections and analysis of evidence
- Perform other job duties as assigned
Who You Are
- You have 5+ years of progressive technical experience that demonstrates relevant skills in digital forensic collections and investigations
- You have received a Bachelor's degree in digital forensics, computer science, information technology, or similar degrees
- You have experience in chain of custody and evidence handling
- You have hands-on experience using digital forensics software, including, but not limited to FEC, X-Ways, FTK, EnCase, Cellebrite, Axiom, and Forensic Explorer
- Strong documentation and written communication skills with technical report writing experience
- You are highly organized and detailed oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects, typically requiring quick turnaround
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work independently and within a team environment
- Must be a UK citizen and based in the greater London area
Even Better If You Have...
- One or more industry standard forensic certifications such as: Certified Forensic Computer Examiner (CFCE), Certified Forensic Examiner (GCFE), EnCase Certified Examiner (EnCE), AccessData Certified Examiner (ACE), Certified Computer Examiner (CCE), or EC-Council, ISACA, (ISC)2, & GIAC related forensic certifications
- Experience with computer networking and network traffic analysis preferred
- Experience with writing scripts in Python
- Experience with collecting cloud and CRM data
Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical and dental insurance
- Competitive salary plus discretionary bonus
- Opportunity to be a part of a startup that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
DISCO provides a cloud-native, artificial intelligence-powered legal solution that simplifies ediscovery, legal document review and case management for enterprises, law firms, legal services providers and governments. Our scalable, integrated solution enables legal departments to easily collect, process and review enterprise data that is relevant or potentially relevant to legal matters.
Are you ready to help us fulfill our mission to use technology to strengthen the rule of law? Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please note that DISCO has a mandatory COVID vaccination policy which requires all employees in the U.S. to be fully vaccinated, subject to applicable legal exemptions.
Disco Headquarters Location
Disco Company Size
Between 2,000 - 10,000 employees
Disco Founded Year