Financial Systems Lead, Financial Reporting - AffirmView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Financial Systems Lead, Financial Reporting
- Job Location
- Remote US
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
Our Accounting organization is looking for a Financial Systems Lead (Senior BSA) to focus on Financial Reporting, drive important operational initiatives, and implement process improvements. We are eager to meet candidates who will deliver impact through system transformation efforts in a hyper-growth Fintech company!
What You’ll Do
- Support and optimize financial reporting data and processes through partnerships with Accounting, Engineering, and internal/external auditors
- Extract data (mostly via SQL queries) from Affirm’s proprietary systems to build reports and perform complex reconciliations
- Resolve ad hoc system issues and help troubleshoot failures that impact the Accounting team, especially during month-end close
- Lead projects and assist in operational tasks related to improvements in financial reporting processes
- Gather and translate accounting requirements for consumption and execution by Engineering teams and other technical individuals
- Contribute to the design of our overall ecosystem (proprietary systems plus third party apps) and drive execution of transformation initiatives
What We Look For
- 5+ years experience in an Accounting and/or Financial Systems role with a focus on reporting, data reconciliation, and transformation initiatives
- Excellent business analysis skills and attention to detail backed by a deep understanding of accounting concepts and processes
- Experience with large data sets and proficiency with SQL and Excel is required; Snowflake, Looker, DBT, Databricks, etc. experience is a plus
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to collaborate, build relationships across teams, and bridge gaps
- Communication excellence (confidence, clarity, focus) and ability to convey concepts to individuals with varying levels of knowledge
- Project management skills with a strong sense of ownership and drive, including a desire to dive into the details
- Bachelor's Degree in fields related to Information Systems and/or Accounting preferred
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - USA28
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.#LI-Remote
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
[For U.S. Candidates] All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account. The grade for this position is noted above and in accordance with various U.S. pay transparency laws, we provide the base pay range and benefits for our U.S.-based positions in the links below:If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways—not just candidates who check all the boxes.Inclusivity:
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Affirm Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Affirm Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Affirm Founded Year
Affirm Funding Rounds