Financial Reporting Manager - MedMenView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Financial Reporting Manager
- Job Location
- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Manager, Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting
MedMen, a leading multi-state cannabis operator with retail locations in the United States and incorporated in British Columbia, Canada, is a publicly traded under CSE: MMEN and OTC: MMNFF. MedMen offers a robust selection of high-quality products, including MedMen-owned brands [statemade], LuxLyte, and MedMen Red through its premium retail stores, proprietary delivery service, as well as curbside and in-store pick up. MedMen Buds, an industry-first loyalty program, provides exclusive access to promotions, product drops and content. MedMen believes that a world where cannabis is legal and regulated is safer, healthier and happier.
Looking for CPA with strong technical accounting skills who will provide technical accounting guidance on complex accounting issues and transactions. In addition, this individual will be responsible for all aspects of the Company’s US SEC compliance in routine annual and interim filings, the evaluation of technical accounting matters and adoptions of new accounting standards, equity accounting and valuation of various instruments using Black Scholes. This person will play a key role in diligence and audit compliance requests.
- Ensure the accurate and timely preparation of financial statements under US GAAP for filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and informational filings in the CSE.
- Ensure the accurate and timely preparation of statutory regulatory audit reports, reviews and compilations.
- Project leader in implementation of cloud-based SEC filing software and responsible for all 1933 act filings and working with advisors on other 1934 act flings.
- Reports to head of corporate accounting and works closely with SEC counsel and business leaders.
- Serve as primary contact with external auditors and coordinate directly with external auditors, tax advisors, and various consultants.
- Responsible for preparation of technical accounting matters stemming from business transaction including debt financings, leases, business acquisitions, restructurings, and other complex areas.
- Assess adoption of new accounting guidance and work closely with the accounting team to disseminate new accounting practices.
- Oversees administration of equity awards and completes accounting and reporting of related stock-based compensation accounting.
- Oversees administration of capitalization transactions, including the accounting of and reporting for the related debt/equity instruments.
- Prepares annual goodwill and impairment analysis
- Ensure quarterly SOX compliance activities are performed timely, when applicable.
- Strong understanding of GAAP and current in recently issued accounting guidance
- Strong understanding of SEC filing process
- Experience with Workiva, Active Disclosure or similar product, preferred
- CPA or equivalent
- 4+ years technical accounting experience including top tier audit firm
- Excellent writing skills with demonstrated expertise drafting technical accounting memos.
- Working Conditions - This position spends most of her/his time sitting or standing in an office. Occasional weekends or nights may be a regular part of the job especially during filing season.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear.
The employee may occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
This position is fully remote.
Depending on work location, travel may be expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
There is no visa or H1-B sponsorship.
MedMen Headquarters Location
Culver City, CA
MedMen Company Size
Between 1,000 - 5,000 employees
MedMen Founded Year
MedMen Funding Rounds
Post Ipo Equity
Post Ipo Debt
Post Ipo Equity
Post Ipo Equity
Post Ipo Debt