Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Analyst - BlackSkyView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Analyst
- Job Location
- Herndon, VA
- Job Description
Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Analyst
BlackSky is a geospatial intelligence solutions provider that enables organizations to task, collect, and transform data from earth observation, global sensor networks, mobile devices, and social media to deliver on-demand insights about places, events, and assets that are critical to their operations. BlackSky provides satellite collection, data, and cloud based -processing and analytic solutions to organizations that are capitalizing on the exponential growth of a wide range of sensor and collection platforms for delivering the next generation of GEOINT and location intelligence solutions. BlackSky has extensive expertise and capabilities in commercial remote sensing, multi-source analytics, cloud computing, open-source software development, Amazon Web Services, and big data geospatial analytics. BlackSky provides solutions to commercial and government organizations with relevant programs with the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency (NGA), US. Army, and U.S. Air Force Research Labs.
The FP&A Analyst will report to the Sr. Director, FP&A and support the Financial Planning and Analysis team by providing robust financial data modeling support, meaningful insights, and recommendations to customer-facing programs as well as the overall company. You will have the responsibility of ensuring the accuracy of full lifecycle finance functions for a set of BlackSky programs and projects. Additionally, you will serve as a key liaison between Finance and Accounting, as well as the various program management and assigned operational teams.
While the team works remotely, you will ideally live in proximity to Herndon, VA to facilitate occasional in-person team meetings and events.
- Support functional management and peers with robust, insightful recurring and ad hoc analyses of financial performance vs plan, trends, and forecasts.
- Partner with global sales leads to capture evolving opportunity pipeline intelligence and convert information into reliable revenue and backlog forecasts; identify areas of opportunity and risk.
- Prepare financial summaries that help managers understand the current state of their programs/projects and better plan for contingencies.
- Actively participate in monthly reviews and provide thoughtful recommendations regarding financial and general business topics.
- Assist with various product and program pricing initiatives.
- Develop and maintain dynamic decision-support models that facilitate the tracking of period-to-date progress for a selection of departments, accounts, and programs/projects.
- Maintain up-to-date estimates of labor and expense forecasts and monitor at-completion estimates to ensure performance tracks as planned.
- Thoroughly analyze costs for accuracy and ensure appropriate revenue recognition to improve forecast reliability.
- Develop and foster open lines of communication and information sharing with key members of BlackSky’s functional support teams to ensure a comprehensive review of each business area.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management or a related subject.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in analytical financial modeling, corporate finance, and/or transactional accounting in a fast-paced environment.
- A proficiency with Microsoft Excel modeling (e.g., pivot tables, advanced formulas, etc.) and familiarity with data query/data management tools (e.g., Cognos, SQL, Business Objects).
- Strong business acumen with top-notch verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work and make decisions with a high degree of independence.
- Excellent attention to detail to support our best-in-class team.
- Working knowledge of GAAP, specifically revenue recognition guidance per ASC 606.
- Experience in a software, satellite or space technology related industry is helpful.
- The ability to secure a U.S. government security clearance.
Life at BlackSky for full-time benefits eligible employees includes:
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, group term life and AD&D, voluntary life, and AD&D insurance
- BlackSky pays 100% of employee-only premiums for medical, dental and vision and contributes $100/month for out-of-pocket expenses!
- 15 days of PTO, 11 Company holidays, four Floating Holidays (pro-rated based on hire date), one day of paid volunteerism leave per year, parental leave and more.
- 401(k) pre-tax and Roth deferral options with employer match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance and Travel Assistance Programs
- Employer matching donations
- Professional development
- Mac or PC? Your choice!
- Awesome swag
BlackSky is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
EEO/AAP/ Pay Transparency Statements:
BlackSky Headquarters Location
BlackSky Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
BlackSky Founded Year