Finance Associate - Revenue Accounting - VIAView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Finance Associate - Revenue Accounting
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
We are looking for a Finance Associate - Revenue Accounting to be involved in all aspects of its core finance functions in Europe focused on revenue and accounts receivable. You will manage the monthly revenue process, including the related month-end financial close activities and technical accounting research, while driving process improvement throughout the finance organization. You are organized and structured in your thinking, able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, motivated to take on new and challenging projects, and a clear communicator.
What You'll Do:
- Manage finance and accounting projects across Via’s European operations, developing a unique knowledge and understanding of the business as a whole
- Support all aspects of the revenue cycle, including analysis of customer contracts under the applicable revenue accounting standards (ASC 606 / IFRS 15), customer invoicing, monthly revenue recognition, and managing the accounts receivable / collections process.
- Scale up the company’s systems and processes as we continue to expand, playing a large role in ensuring compliance and optimization of accounting and tax structures. You’ll work closely with our core finance team in New York to ensure consistency in process and controls for the European business.
- Partner cross-functionally with operations, growth, data, and partnership teams to understand the implications of new business initiatives and assist in the development of adequate reporting
- Assist in the documentation and implementation of organization-wide control processes for various functions
Who You Are:
- Organized and independent; a self-starter who is comfortable taking on significant responsibility
- Willingness and ability to learn complex processes and systems
- Strong analytical and communication skills; you’re able to analyze a problem, pay attention to details, work through a solution, and discuss your analysis
- Background in audit or a related field at a public accounting firm, or experience in an accounting role at a fast-paced high growth start-up
- Working knowledge of ASC 606 / IFRS 15 revenue accounting standards; working knowledge of IFRS and/or US GAAP is an asset
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a similar field of study
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience
- Fluent in English; German language skills a plus
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
VIA Headquarters Location
VIA Company Size
Between 20 - 50 employees
VIA Founded Year
VIA Total Amount Raised
VIA Funding RoundsView funding details