Field Application Scientist - France - Element BiosciencesView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Field Application Scientist - France
- Job Location
- Paris, Paris, France
- Job Description
A fantastic opportunity to grow your career with this cutting-edge technology in the next generation sequencing evolution. At Element you will be an internal part of our success as we build out our commercial presence in the field.
Element Biosciences is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and clinical markets. Element's technology will broaden the end user experience through improved data quality and simplified workflows to benefit discoveries and diagnosis in healthcare.
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics with unprecedented flexibility and quality that enable researchers to better understand biology for the improvement of global health. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness.
We're specifically targeting the French region to help support our growing client base!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
What will you be doing?
- Troubleshooting issues related to user's technical skills, biochemistry/assay design, experimental design, software, and instruments
- Supporting commercial team and customers in their technical applications and providing product training
- Displaying professionalism, understanding, tact, fairness, and technical knowledge in all customer interactions
- Providing strategic and competitive feedback to marketing and product development teams, and independently leads or manages beta tests at customer sites
- Working independently on significant and unique issues requiring collaboration with key decision-makers and senior managers across the organization which may impact future products, concepts, and technologies
- Assisting sales and marketing on pre and post strategic sales activities requiring both technical depth and market knowledge
- Delivering customer training and workshops, both in-person and remote
- Utilizing service CRM software to accurately identify and document customer opportunities
- Collaborating with internal partners to resolve customer issues and improve processes
- Frequently traveling to the customer site is required. TRAVEL CAN RANGE FROM 25% - 80% OF WORK TIME.
- Required written and verbal business level proficiency in French
- Must be highly motivated and have strong problem-solving ability
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Highly collaborative; able to work well within multidisciplinary teams
- Familiar with NGS sample and library prep workflows
- Skilled in nucleic acids and protein analytical methods
- Generate high quality and reproducible wet-lab data from established protocols
- Strong relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- High degree of comfort navigating technical project discussions
- Must be able to work independently and as a team player
- Must be flexible in working hours as this position may require customer support during non-regular business hours
- Demonstrated account management skills
- Quick learner, adapts to change and detail-oriented
- MS degree with 7+ years or Ph.D. plus experience in NGS library construction (a combination of experience and education may be considered)
- Experience with NGS sequencing instrument and sequencing run set up preferred
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Element Biosciences Headquarters Location
San Diego, CA
Element Biosciences Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
Element Biosciences Founded Year
Element Biosciences Total Amount Raised
Element Biosciences Funding RoundsView funding details