Failure Analysis Quality Engineer I - Element ScienceView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Failure Analysis Quality Engineer I
- Job Location
- Redwood City, CA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
FAILURE ANALYSIS QUALITY ENGINEER I
Element Science, Inc. is a medical device and digital health company focused on developing solutions at the intersection of clinical-grade wearables, machine learning algorithms, and lifesaving therapies in order to address leading causes of death and hospitalization in patients with heart disease, primarily as they transition from the hospital-to-home. By putting the needs of patients and physicians first, our personalized digital devices, which are designed for function, comfort, and ease-of-use, aim to redefine the paradigm of care for these patients. Our first product, a wearable patch defibrillator, is initially targeted at treating the more than 500,000 patients in the US with an elevated temporary risk of potentially experiencing a lethal heart rhythm. Based in San Francisco, our funders include Third Rock Ventures, Google Ventures, Deerfield Healthcare, Qiming Venture Partners USA, Cormorant Asset Management, and Invus Opportunities.
SUMMARY OF ROLE:
We are looking for a Failure Analysis Quality Engineer I with passion for creating devices that save lives. The Failure Analysis Quality Engineer I, filling this role will be supporting various elements of the Quality System such as Complaint investigations, Non-Conformance Investigations, and general failure analysis. This position offers an exciting opportunity for an engineer with a passion for problem solving and a keen attention to detail.
- Perform Complaint and Non-Conformance Investigations in compliance with regulatory requirements and internal procedures.
- Perform root cause analysis utilizing a appropriate techniques to tackle challenging issues with components, modules, and systems of medical electrical equipment in a timely and efficient manner.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team to recreate failure modes that are intermittent or hard to replicate.
- Write comprehensive failure analysis report and communicate findings with project teams and management.
- Track and trend failures and present metrics to project teams and management.
- Take part in continuous improvement activities and support corrective & preventive actions.
- 2+ year’s experience in failure analysis (preferably some experience with IC devices).
- Familiarity with electrical fault isolation tools and techniques.
- Familiarity with CAD layout, ATE and bench test data logs, digital and analog circuits, device physics, IC fabrication and assembly.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or relevant education.
- Ability to work in a team environment, manage multi-tasking, and discipline in completing tasks on schedule.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possesses strong organizational skills to manage and prioritize multiple tasks while meeting delivery dates.
Element Science offers a very competitive salary and benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Stock Options
- 90% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan (Traditional and Roth)
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- FSA (Flexible Spending Accounts)
- HSA (Health Savings Account)
- Employee Assistance Program through PEO
The salary for this exempt-level position will be based on experience and qualifications within an established pay range.
- Pay range: $90,000 - $108,000
Element Science is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors prohibited by local, state, or federal law.In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job.
At this time, we are unable to offer relocation assistance at Element Science.
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
Element Science Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Element Science Company Size
Between 50 - 100 employees
Element Science Founded Year
Element Science Total Amount Raised
Element Science Funding RoundsView funding details