Executive Assistant and Office Manager - NexlaView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Executive Assistant and Office Manager
- Job Location
- San Mateo, California, United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
At Nexla, we’re a pioneer in automating data engineering. We’re on a mission to make ready-to-use data available to anyone, anywhere. Recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor, Nexla is built on logical Data Products (Nexsets) at its core, resulting in a data platform that seamlessly offers multi-speed data integration, preparation, monitoring, and governance in a no-code/low-code interface. Doordash, LinkedIn, Johnson & Johnson, and LiveRamp are among the many data-driven enterprises that trust Nexla for their mission-critical data. This is an exciting space to be in right now and we’re poised to do great things.
We recently closed $18M to fund the next phase of our journey. We have a strong product market fit and will be focused on growing our team strategically in the coming months.
Opportunity for Impact
In 2023, we grew from 30 to almost 100 team members. We’re ready for the next level of organization, execution, and want to organize and scale our executive operations. We’re looking to hire an Executive Assistant to support our CEO who can also act as a friendly and organized Office Manager for our San Mateo office.
Equal parts vision, planning, and execution, this is an exciting role for someone who lives to make things better and knows how to anticipate needs. We’re seeking a creative, inspiring, driven, and adaptable person to come join us and have a huge impact and imprint on our company culture as we scale and evolve.
In addition to helping our CEO organize his time and maximize his impact, you’ll also interact with our entire team by creating a positive and fulfilling work environment and office culture. You’ll also get a big seat at the table when it comes to owning key initiatives, planning and executing events, welcoming new hires, and you will be able to influence leadership decisions.
The position is based at our San Mateo headquarters, with a hybrid work model requiring a minimum of 3 days in the office.
You in This Role
As you consider if this is an exciting role for you, the biggest things we’re looking for are:
- Ownership mentality
- A highly organized nature
- Ability to ask good questions
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Experience running projects
- Ability to adapt and reprioritize intelligently
- A penchant for learning new things
- A genuine interest in feedback from executives and other team members
Here’s a breakdown of the key elements of this role as it exists today:
- Provide executive support to our Founder and CEO Saket Saurabh
- Provide high-level administrative support to other executives, including calendar management, travel arrangements, and meeting coordination/optimization
- Interface with professional contacts, acting as both liaison and respectful gatekeeper when warranted
- Provide other administrative support as necessary, including scheduling group meetings, maintaining calendars, doing research, and creating reports
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the office, focusing on a productive and positive work environment
- Identify opportunities for process and office management improvements, and design and implement new systems
- Assume responsibility for office supplies, kitchens snacks, company swag and other office support as necessary
- Assist in the onboarding process for new team members, ensuring a smooth and positive transition into the company
- Coordinate the completion of new hire paperwork, including employment contracts, benefit enrollment forms, and confidentiality agreements
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and cross-functional teams such as IT, People Operations, and Finance to evolve and implement scalable protocols and workflows
- Champion our culture in partnership with the People and Exec team
- Assist in the onboarding process for new team members, ensuring a smooth and positive transition for folks joining Nexla
- Plan internal company events and assist with off-site community or industry events
- Own various projects and initiatives by strategizing, executing, managing timelines, tracking progress, coordinating resources and updating stakeholders.
This role requires a certain level of assertiveness coupled with a friendly and approachable persona and a “let’s get it done” mentality. Sometimes you have to navigate a lot of varying options and opinions and make an executive decision on the best path forward. In a startup environment, perfectionism is a curse and the best hire for this role values action and iteration. Overall, we value empathy, creativity, curiosity, agility and teamwork. If this sounds like a role and place you would thrive, we would love to chat with you!
Compensation Range: The salary range for this role is $90,000 to $105,000 USD
Nexla Headquarters Location
Nexla Company Size
Between 50 - 100 employees
Nexla Founded Year
Nexla Total Amount Raised
Nexla Funding RoundsView funding details