Enrollment Specialist - Thyme CareView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Enrollment Specialist
- Job Location
- Remote or Nashville, TN
- Job Description
Thyme Care is the leading value-based cancer care partner, collaborating with payers and providers to transform the experience and outcomes for individuals living with cancer. The company partners with health plans, employers and risk-bearing providers to assume accountability for enhanced care quality, improved health outcomes, and reduced total cost of care. Thyme Care's approach combines a technology-enabled Care Team and seamless integration with providers, creating a hybrid collaborative care delivery model that guides and supports the entire patient journey. Thyme Care empowers over 300 oncologists nationwide through purpose-built tech, advanced data analytics, and virtual patient engagement, driving better care and outcomes in value-based arrangements. Thyme Care is a founding member of CancerX, and is backed by leading investors. To learn more about how Thyme Care is enabling the shift to value-based care in oncology, visit www.thymecare.com.
As anEnrollment Specialist your job is to talk to prospective members, educate them on our services, and encourage them to join Thyme Care to receive free-of-cost support throughout their cancer journey. This role reports into our Senior Manager of Enrollment Strategy and in it you will be expected to make outbound calls to 80-100 prospective members every day. In addition, you will surface member goals and priorities and help our care team understand the needs of the members you enroll.
In order to ensure we have sufficient coverage at all times, we maintain a schedule that includes lunch and two breaks.
Within your first three months, you will:
- Have completed virtual onboarding and training (three weeks long) and are up to speed on Thyme Care systems, tools, technology, partners, and expectations. You’re completing at least 80-100 outbound calls with prospective members each day.
- Be comfortable with and correctly follow Care Team policies and procedures, escalation pathways, communications best practices, and documentation standards.
- Reach out to eligible members to inform them of Thyme Care’s services and ways we can support them in their cancer care journey. You’ll also build strong, trusting relationships with members, where listening and empathy are the foundation for every interaction you have with them.
- Explain the benefits of Thyme Care’s program so that both members and caregivers understand how we can help them and enroll them in our program and the value of our services.
- Obtain consent from members, conduct enrollment surveys, and identify and escalate any urgent member needs.
- Participate in coaching and development sessions, and apply feedback and best practices to meet your quality and productivity goals.
WHAT LEADS TO SUCCESS
- A member-first approach. You’re personally motivated by our mission and are passionate about assisting people and their families during one of the most challenging seasons in their lives.
- Move with purpose. You’re biased to action. You know how to identify and prioritize your initiative’s needs, and do what it takes to ensure that urgent and important needs are acted on immediately.
- Seek diverse perspectives. You are humble and proactively seek feedback from others. You’re always looking to learn and grow.
- Metrics Focused. You can hit your daily, weekly, and monthly goals and frequently exceed them.
- Effective listener and communicator. You are winsome and articulate, but you always start with listening and you hear what may not be voiced, because you listen so intently to others. You build rapport and great working relationships with members and colleagues.
- Experience. A baseline knowledge of healthcare will be valuable to your success in this role. Ideally, we'd like to see 2+ years of experience working at the front office of a doctor's office, working in a healthcare call center, or in a patient-facing role at a healthcare startup.
- Comfort with ambiguity. You have a proven track record of success within scaling businesses, fast-paced environments, and/or startups. You understand that rapid changes to the business, strategy, organization, and priorities is par for the course.
- Comfort with technology. We are a technology company focused on interacting with folks during the season where they need it most. Experience with Zoom, Google Suite, Slack, electronic health records and comfort learning new technology is important.
- A quiet working space. It’s important you’ve worked in a remote role in the past. To ensure member privacy, you must operate in a quiet and secure environment during your scheduled shifts and are able to test your internet speed prior to starting to ensure our applications function as expected.
At Thyme Care, our core values—Act with our members in mind, Move with purpose, and Seek diverse perspectives—guide us in everything we do. They anchor our business decisions, including how we grow, the products we make, and the paths we choose—or don’t choose.
This is a non-exempt, full time position. The pay rate for this role is $24.03/hour. To perform this role you must be located within the lower 48 United States due to contractual limitations with accessing PHIs.
The shift for this role will be 9:00am-5:30pm EST. In order to ensure we have sufficient coverage at all times, we ask that our Care Team be prepared to work up to 2 holidays per year compensated at a 1x hourly rate in addition to a 1.5x holiday rate.
We are a growing organization and recruit and employ a large number of these roles. Because of this, we actively interview for this position even when we don't have an immediate opening. Candidates who complete the interview process and fit the role are eligible for the next available opening. We will reach back out once an open position becomes available.
The Recruiting team will share more information about our hiring philosophy during an initial phone screen and can answer questions you might have about it then.
We are committed to promoting the health and well-being of all individuals. As a provider of cancer care navigation, we recognize that those with cancer constitute a vulnerable population at risk of contracting COVID-19. As such, Thyme Care employees are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, subject to conflicting laws and exemptions based on medical or religious objections.
We recognize a history of inequality in healthcare. We’re here to challenge the status quo and create a culture of inclusion through the care we give and the company we build. We embrace and celebrate a diversity of perspectives in reflection of our members and the members we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Thyme Care Headquarters Location
Thyme Care Company Size
Between 10 - 100 employees
Thyme Care Founded Year
Thyme Care Total Amount Raised
Thyme Care Funding RoundsView funding details