Engineering Manager - Sensors - SandboxAQView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Engineering Manager - Sensors
- Job Location
- France, Remote; UK, Remote
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Ready to join the AQ era?
SandboxAQ is solving challenging problems with AI + Quantum for positive impact. We partner with global leaders in government, academia, and the private sector to identify applications that would benefit from quantum-based applications to current and future commercial challenges. We engage with customers early and throughout the development process to improve market fit.
Our team’s unique approach enables cross-pollination across a diverse range of fields, from physics, computer science, neuroscience, mathematics, cryptography, natural sciences and more! Our success comes from coalescing diverse talent to create an environment where experimental thinking and collaboration yield breakthrough AI + Quantum solutions. Join a culture where thought leadership, diverse talent, employee engagement, and technological impact will create the next tech uproar.
We are deeply committed to education as a means to advance quantum solutions and computing initiatives. We invest in future talent through internship programs, research papers, developer tools, textbooks, educational talks/events and partnerships with universities/talent hubs to attract multi-disciplinary talent. Our hope is to inspire people from all walks of life to be prepared for the quantum era and encourage a path in STEM.
About The Role:
The SandboxAQ team is looking for an Engineering Manager to help functionalize the next generation of cybersecurity systems, and particularly focus on our Sensors team. This team is responsible for building & maintaining all our discovery capabilities, going from network analyses to dynamic application tracing.
A successful candidate will excel at leading by example and should have a proven track record of professional software design and development. Knowledge of information security best practices will be considered a plus. The candidate should be able to make individual contributions. The candidate will be part of a diverse team consisting of cryptographers, mathematicians, ML experts, and physicists, where they will play a key role in efficient and effective enablement of the technologies being developed.
- Lead a team of software engineers, including actively participating in planning, prioritizing, designing, implementing and reviewing activities.
- Contribute technically to projects and products.
- Work closely with other engineering teams and product managers.
- Proven track record managing and leading software engineers.
- Significant software development experience in one or more programming languages (e.g., Go, Python, Java, C++, Rust, C) on Linux hosts.
- Proficiency evaluating and organizing technical work accurately.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a small team / rapid prototyping environment and deal with uncertainty.
- Expertise in designing and maintaining large-scale data enrichment pipelines.
- Competence in one or more of the following practices: Cryptography, Networking, Data-analysis / ML
- Familiarity with modern CI/CD practices
- Experience working one or more Cloud technologies (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP)
SandboxAQ welcomes all.We are committed to creating an inclusive culture where we have zero tolerance for discrimination. We invest in our employees' personal and professional growth. Once you work with us, you can’t go back to normalcy because great breakthroughs come from great teams and we are the best in quantum technology.We offer competitive salaries, stock options depending on employment type, generous learning opportunities, medical/dental/vision, family planning/fertility, PTO (summer and winter breaks), financial wellness resources, 401(k) plans, and more.Equal Employment Opportunity: All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.Accommodations: we provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in job application procedures for open roles. If you need such an accommodation, please let a member of our Recruiting team know.
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
SandboxAQ Headquarters Location
SandboxAQ Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
SandboxAQ Founded Year
SandboxAQ Total Amount Raised
SandboxAQ Funding RoundsView funding details