Engineering Manager, Search Experience - DoorDashView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Engineering Manager, Search Experience
- Job Location
- San Francisco, CA
- Job Description
About the Team
The Search Experience Team is a full stack team working on improving DoorDash user’s experience searching and exploring on DoorDash, helping users find restaurants, food dishes, stores and merchandise DoorDash has to offer. We build product features like Global Search Bar, Vertical Search, Cuisine Filters, and Autocomplete, as well as some of the platform and infrastructure to support them. These are critical product surface areas in the DoorDash Marketplace and are sources of significant engineering and business opportunities and impacts.
About the Role
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead the Search Experience team. You will be working with engineers as well as cross-functional partners like Product Manager, Operation and Strategy, Data Science/Analytics, etc to build the Search products. You will collaborate with other engineering teams like Search Quality, Search Platform, Discovery, Client Platform, etc to build well designed, meticulously executed, and reliably operated distributed systems, pipelines, and tools to take DoorDash Search to a new level. You will lead and grow a full-stack team with both backend and frontend engineers.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
Build the Vision and Strategy
- Building the engineering vision and strategy for DoorDash Search product experiences.
- Inspiring your team and others with technical vision and customer obsession.
- Building or leading high-impact tech initiatives.
- Keeping up with the company and industry moves on the relevant fields.
Plan and Execute
- Partnering up with cross-functional members like Product, Operation & Strategy and Data Science/Analytics to align on the goals for the team.
- Planning and roadmapping for the team to build a clear path to the goal.
- Building processes for tracking the execution, managing sprints.
- Rolling up your sleeves with hands-on contributions when necessary.
Build the Team
- Understanding the team talent needs, recruiting and retaining engineers.
- Understanding the team knowledge distribution, building plans to close gaps and reduce risks.
- Recruiting and retaining talented software engineers.
- Keeping up with the team’s engineering needs and improving team efficiency.
- Coaching, mentoring and providing career guidance, managing performance.
Bring Influence and Value
- Maintaining a positive and supportive work culture.
- Promoting diversity and inclusion in the team, making room at the table.
- Participating in activities in the EM community and contribute.
- Receive coaching and help to find opportunities to grow yourself along the management track.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have a minimum of 2 years of engineering management experience leading a team of 6+ (EM or TLM).
- You had direct engineering experience (Senior+) on Internet-scale distributed systems and consumer-facing products.
- You had experience working closely with product management and conducting user experiments.
- You have a product mindset and apply that to how you would build out platform services.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
DoorDash Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
DoorDash Company Size
Between 8,600 - 8,600 employees
DoorDash Founded Year
DoorDash Total Amount Raised
DoorDash Funding RoundsView funding details