Engineering Manager, Receivables - AffirmView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Engineering Manager, Receivables
- Job Location
- Remote US
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Receivables is responsible for maintaining and optimizing the user flows that allow users to pay Affirm back, ensuring high performance and availability by adopting a focused, data driven approach to reliability and evolution of the consumer experience.
We are seeking a highly motivated Engineering Manager to join the Receivables team and help fulfill our vision to deliver high availability and performance. We are experiencing explosive growth with millions of customers across thousands of merchants in-store and online, and your leadership will be a key enabler of making this growth sustainable.
What You’ll Do
- Drive rapid, measured impact against the team’s KPIs by empowering your team to ship quickly, and at quality.
- Build relationships with people across engineering and other organizations to jointly make decisions vital to deliver to a high-quality, reliable, robust product and service.
- Drive planning and prioritization of projects based on product, technical, and business goals by leveraging relevant resources and data.
- Coach and mentor employees to increase their impact through regular performance development and feedback conversations.
- Cultivate a respectful and supportive environment for all team members that effectively leverages the diversity of the team.
What We Look For
- 6+ years of experience as a software engineer with leadership responsibilities and 3+ years as an engineering manager.
- Product-centric thinking -- we care just as much about the product experience — ours, our stakeholders', and our company's — as we do the design of our engineering systems.
- Passion for working with cross-functional teams including Product, Design, Analytics and Business teams.
- You are not dogmatic, and believe in solving problems with the right tool for the job.
- Expert at synthesizing complex business, product, and technical requirements to consistently produce high quality system designs and software.
- Humble and authentic leadership which places the needs of others first and helps people develop and perform as highly as possible.
- Humility and self-awareness to understand opportunities to learn and grow. Ambiguity is where you thrive.
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - USA31
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
[For U.S. Candidates] All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account. The grade for this position is noted above and in accordance with various U.S. pay transparency laws, we provide the base pay range and benefits for our U.S.-based positions in the links below:If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways—not just candidates who check all the boxes.Inclusivity:
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Affirm Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Affirm Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Affirm Founded Year
Affirm Funding Rounds