Engineering Manager, Machine Learning (Credit Engineering) - AffirmView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Engineering Manager, Machine Learning (Credit Engineering)
- Job Location
- Remote Poland
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
The International Machine Learning Underwriting team builds Affirm’s non-US real-time underwriting models. These models determine who is approved for an Affirm loan, for how much, at what interest rate, and for what loan durations. These models are central to Affirm’s continued success and growth into international markets, and need to be explainable to the user and scalable across regions. We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to conduct a group of extremely talented Machine Learning Engineers as we bring Affirm’s underwriting models to the next level.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a team of talented machine learning engineers and wonderful people in developing new and improved credit models and systems.
- Drive planning and prioritization of projects based on product, technical, and business goals.
- Build relationships with people across product, engineering, and our risk analytics organizations to jointly make decisions vital to a large profitable portfolio and an inclusive lending product.
- Coach and mentor employees to increase their impact through regular performance feedback and development conversations.
- Cultivate a respectful and supportive environment for all team members.
What We Look For
- 2+ years of experience as a manager and 4+ years of experience in a machine learning role.
- Humble management which places the needs of others first, creates inclusive environments, and builds a diverse team.
- Expertise in synthesizing complex business, product, and technical requirements, and in translating them into machine learning solutions with clear deliverables and realistic timelines.
- Clarity in explaining complex machine learning projects in non-technical language to non-specialists.
- Thorough understanding of machine learning concepts such as gradient boosting, random forests, bandit problems, bootstrapping, and prediction interval estimation.
- Experience with object-oriented programming in Python, Spark, and SQL. Your team will own and maintain a Python codebase.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive package, with some highlights listed below. However, the given figures are not guaranteed compensation ranges; rather, they are unbinding, approximate indications of what the salary may be for your awareness. The actual salary may be less than the lower range or greater than the upper range, depending on skills and experience. No employee is guaranteed salary at the amount of the lower range.
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 25,792-32,233 PLN
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
Location - Remote Poland
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.#LI-Remote
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
[For U.S. Candidates] All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account. The grade for this position is noted above and in accordance with various U.S. pay transparency laws, we provide the base pay range and benefits for our U.S.-based positions in the links below:Jobs in Grades 21-54: shorturl.at/H0124Jobs in Grades 61-74: shorturl.at/kK015If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways—not just candidates who check all the boxes.Inclusivity:
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Affirm Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Affirm Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Affirm Founded Year
Affirm Funding Rounds