Engineering Manager - HometapView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Engineering Manager
- Job Location
- Boston (Remote)
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
- Here at Hometap, we’re collaborative, passionate, and always ready to roll up our sleeves to create solutions that help people get more out of homeownership — and out of life. Our first product, a home equity investment, gives homeowners the opportunity to quickly access the equity they’ve built in their home to pay for what’s most important to them, from handling debt to finally making much-needed renovations, without taking on debt.We work hard, and have some fun along the way, too. You don’t have to take our word for it: The Boston Globe and Comparably have recognized us as a great place to work, and we’ve been honored for our commitment to innovation in the fintech space by Inc., HousingWire, and more!In case you need any more convincing, we also provide competitive compensation, healthcare coverage, unlimited PTO, a generous share package, and a strong culture with plenty of opportunities for team-building and camaraderie.Interested in joining us on our mission to make homeownership less stressful and more accessible? We’d love to talk.Who You Are:As a Hometap Engineering Manager, you’ll be responsible for managing a team of 5+ full-stack software engineers, focusing on the growth and support of the team while ensuring the timely delivery of software. You’ll work across the organization (including engineering, design, product management, and other company stakeholders) to drive forward Hometap’s business initiatives and create software solutions to support Hometap’s marketing roadmap.The ideal candidate will bring 7+ years of software engineering experience, with meaningful experience managing and leading a team of developers. You’ll have a mature understanding of the modern web SDLC and excitement about building software that serves both internal and external stakeholders.
What You'll Do:
- Manage a team of 5+ remote/local engineers working primarily in Python and React.
- Work collaboratively with the team in developing requirements, communicating a holistic picture of what we are building, and sharing accurate development timelines.
- Align with and advise the team’s Architects to contribute to broader engineering decision-making (particularly with Front-End architecture).
- Communicate with stakeholders and function leads to ensure that the team is working toward company and team-oriented goals.
- Regularly meet with direct reports to establish and maintain strong working relationships and trust; provide mentorship, advice, and training; and bring out the absolute best out of each engineer on the team.
- Foster a culture of close collaboration and trust between engineers.
- Contribute to our broader engineering organizational efforts, including hiring, career growth, remote work, and other company-wide projects.
- Hold bi-annual performance reviews and review team performance on an ongoing basis, providing and/or responding to team feedback.
- Participate in Agile rituals (standups, story estimations, retros) and lead regular team meetings.
- Maintain continuous improvement of engineering processes and practices.
- Contribute to the code base via hands-on development as well as active code review.
What You'll Bring:
Hometap is on a mission to make homeownership less stressful and more accessible. Our home equity investment product provides homeowners with a fast, simple, and straightforward way to access the equity in their home without taking out a loan or having to sell. By investing alongside homeowners, Hometap offers debt-free cash in exchange for a share of their home’s future value — all without any monthly payments or interest over the life of the investment. Through a combination of financial innovation and best-in-class customer service, Hometap enables people to get more from homeownership so they can get more from life.Hometap believes that our differences are what bring us together, and one of our biggest priorities is creating a diverse workplace that welcomes and values each team member’s unique perspective, background, and ideas. All roles here are filled based solely on candidates’ qualifications and our business needs.Hometap is based in Boston, but will consider remote work for this position; however, the position must be performed in the United States entirely outside of Colorado.
- 7+ years experience as a developer, with meaningful experience leading engineering teams and system-level design.
- Strong proficiency with front-end development (React preferred).
- A management style driven by empathy and humility, leading by example, and providing support and service to the team.
- A great track record of working alongside cross-functional peers in making thoughtful and balanced team decisions.
- Experience building production systems and infrastructure with evolving business requirements, with a focus on both collaboration and speed.
- A roll-up-your-sleeves attitude, with a readiness to jump in and support the team hands-on with deep knowledge of front-end development (Bonus points for React/SPA subject matter expertise).
- Good instincts in navigating individual and team conversations, with comfort in handling difficult conversations.
- Experience navigating and driving change for the benefit of the team and the business.
- Confidence in your technical knowledge and ability to best deliver on evolving engineering commitments.
Hometap Headquarters Location
View on map
Hometap Company Size
Between 100 - 500 employees
Hometap Founded Year
Hometap Total Amount Raised
Hometap Funding RoundsView funding details