Engineering Manager, Gateway Platform - DoorDashView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Engineering Manager, Gateway Platform
- Job Location
- United States - Remote
- Job Description
About the Team
The Commerce engineering group consists of the Gateway platform; this is a tier 0 platform that different business verticals leverage to build their product flows. Engineers in this group focus on how to build reliable platform offerings that scale with our business growth while keeping high development velocity for the product teams.
Product development velocity has been one of the core components of Doordash's execution strategy. This team works closely with product teams to power their flows by either extending/scaling current offerings or building new platform features/offerings in partnership with them.
The team’s focus is to maintain a high bar around reliability, efficiency and platform offerings and to continuously evolve the platform so that product team interactions are smooth.
About the Role
You will report into a Sr. Manager on our Marketplace team in our Ads and E-commerce organization. Once our offices reopen, we expect this role to be 100% remote. As the manager responsible for the Gateway team you will be driving the technical vision and execution of the team and leading the evolution of the platform to be world-class, reliable, highly available, and easily extensible.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead a team owning a mission-critical platform where reliability is paramount.
- Lead the evolution of the platform to become world-class, enabling fast product development.
- Extend the platform’s offering to power more complex functionalities for a wide variety of products/businesses
- Inspire your team with your technical vision and create the alignment necessary to execute on it.
- Recruit and retain talented software engineers working across different disciplines.
- Rolling up your sleeves with hands-on problem solving when necessary.
- Coaching, mentoring, and providing career guidance to managers and senior ICs.
We’re excited about you because…
- Committed - you’ll do whatever it takes to deliver.
- You’re an owner - you own the outcome regardless of the circumstances.
- Customer obsessed - you care about Doordash customers globally, from consumers to dashers and merchants.
- Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly in our fast-paced company and you’ll need to be able to keep up!
- Humble - you’re willing to jump in and you’re open to feedback.
- Growth-minded - you enjoy driving projects to hit business goals and growing Doordash business globally
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
DoorDash Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
DoorDash Company Size
Between 8,600 - 8,600 employees
DoorDash Founded Year
DoorDash Total Amount Raised
DoorDash Funding RoundsView funding details