Engineering Manager, Fraud & Identity - DoorDashView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Engineering Manager, Fraud & Identity
- Job Location
- San Francisco, CA
- Job Description
About the Team
As DoorDash expands and becomes a ubiquitous brand, the Fraud & Identity team ensures that every user’s experience is smooth and safe, and that all interactions happen in good faith.
About the Role
As a Fraud leader, you will focus each day on building elegant user account experiences, detecting credit card fraud using machine learning, building foundational user intelligence via an identity graph, and more. We must learn every day as we must also evolve our insights and systems to meet the fast-evolving fraud landscape. Our team is highly cross-functional, and we solve problems by combining design, frontend, backend, machine learning and mobile engineering.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Manage a fast growing engineering team within the Fraud and Identity engineering organization
- Work with a team of Engineers, Product Management, and Leadership to define the team’s vision and roadmap
- Scale the team by recruiting world-class talent and developing internal leaders (managers and senior IC’s)
- Have the autonomy and support to lead, build and grow your team
- Manage programs that allow your team to do its best work and engage effectively with all of DoorDash
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of DoorDash’s engineering management team
We’re excited about you because…
- You have BS, M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- You have 2+ years of experience in engineering management and 5+ years of relevant engineering industry experience
- You’ve led full-stack engineering teams, including backend, web, mobile, and machine learning
- You enjoy working in a highly visible and vital business domain - we embrace ambiguous business problems and thorny technical/business tradeoffs
- You want to shepherd the hyper-growth of our engineers and teams
- You are empathetic and growth-minded
- You can optimize processes and engineering while also designing for scale
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
DoorDash Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
DoorDash Company Size
Between 8,600 - 8,600 employees
DoorDash Founded Year
DoorDash Total Amount Raised
DoorDash Funding RoundsView funding details