Engineering Manager (EMEA) - WorkeraView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Engineering Manager (EMEA)
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Workera is a fast-growing, Series B Silicon Valley start-up redefining how enterprises understand, develop, and mobilize talent. Workera’s skills intelligence platform empowers leaders to make better, more informed talent development decisions. Utilizing computational psychometrics and deep learning, Workera delivers best-in-class computer adaptive assessments with hyper-personalized learning plans to companies across all industries. Global organizations, including Samsung, Siemens Energy, and the US Air Force, use the platform to intelligently invest in and support their talent.
Our founders are Kian Katanforoosh, an award-winning Stanford Computer Science Lecturer who has taught AI to over 1 million people and our Chairman is Dr. Andrew Ng, co-founder of Coursera (NYSE: COUR), CEO of DeepLearning.AI, and founding lead of the Google Brain project.
We're seek a talented Engineering Manager (EMEA) to lead our platform team.
You will play a critical role in supporting our growth by scaling a team and fostering a healthy, inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work.
🧠 Here's what you'll do:
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks to improve the developer experience while collaborating closely with other product delivery teams.
- Cultivate a culture of trust, collaboration, and accountability within the team, taking ownership for consistently achieving individual and team objectives.
- Coach and mentor the team to achieve sustainable growth per the company's long-term vision.
- Model, teach, and apply our engineering values and principles to promote technical excellence, reliability, and simplicity.
- Ensure the team has clear incremental goals during the build cycle while providing feedback and development opportunities to promote career growth.
- Be the driver for the developer experience that impacts our whole engineering organization.
- Own your team's roadmap, align stakeholders' expectations, and keep the organization up to date with its progress.
⚒️ We hope you have:
- Experience managing teams in a fast-paced environment, with a track record of scaling and growing teams.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate complex ideas and strategies to stakeholders at all levels.
- Hands-on experience as a developer. Bonus points if you are familiar with PostgreSQL, OLAP, Python, Elixir, or RabbitMQ.
- A good comprehension of team dynamics and conflict resolution, with a natural ability to inspire others and generate confidence.
- Experience with Shape-Up or other product development methodologies.
- A passion for learning and staying up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry trends.
- A solid experience in leading hiring and staffing eff.
- The willingness to occasionally roll up your sleeves and be hands-on is appreciated.
🌎 EMEA - GMT | CET | EET | FET
What you'll get by working with us:
- Unlimited PTO plus a week off between Christmas and New Year’s
- Collegial atmosphere
- Innovative environment
- Full support for home offices
- A culture of life-long learning supported up to $3,000 reimbursement for professional development
- Working across cultural and geographical lines alongside our offices in different parts of the world
- Being part of a world-class technical team that’s trying to make the world more meritocratic
- Being part of a great cause to improve lives everywhere through artificial intelligence
- Opportunity to own high-impact projects
Workera’s vision is to help humanity measurably close the skills gap. We’re learners, dreamers, and game-changers. Join us to bring everyone the opportunity to achieve their fullest potential!
At Workera we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Workera believes that diversity and inclusion among our employees are critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Selection for employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Workera Headquarters Location
Palo Alto, CA
Workera Company Size
Between 100 - 200 employees
Workera Founded Year
Workera Total Amount Raised
Workera Funding RoundsView funding details