Engineering Manager, DashMart Fulfillment - DoorDashView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Engineering Manager, DashMart Fulfillment
- Job Location
- Seattle, WA
- Job Description
About the Team
The DashMart organization is a collection of Product Managers, Engineers, and Operators defining and building on our vision of micro-fulfillment centers to bring the best quality quick commerce to local communities.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for product-oriented Engineering Managers to lead a full-stack team within DashMart. This full-stack team is composed of Android, web, and backend engineers working with Product Managers to build and scale exciting new products on top of DoorDash's platform.
As an Engineering Manager, you will partner closely with Product Managers and business owners to define the roadmap and vision for your team, while helping your team members develop.
You will report to an Engineering Manager within our DashMart organization.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Provide technical guidance, and professional development for a team growing to 5+ engineers
- Oversee the hiring process for your team, in partnership with recruiting, to grow a diverse and inclusive team
- Collaborate with Product Managers, business leaders, and other stakeholders to determine the team's roadmap and vision, and manage execution against that roadmap
- Partner with the operations team to define and work on efficiency improvements
We're excited about you because…
- 1.5+ years of experience in people management leading a full-stack team (backend, web, & mobile) of 5+ engineers
- Extensive experience as an engineer in a fast-paced, product-focused development environment
- Hands-on leadership and strong product intuition
- Humility - willing to get into the details and open to feedback
- Growth mindset - you're eager to expand your skillset and excited to carve out your career path in a hyper-growth setting
- Experience with distributed system design, system scaling, and performance optimization
- Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity - things can change quickly, and you'll need to help the team adjust and evolve
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
DoorDash Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
DoorDash Company Size
Between 8,600 - 8,600 employees
DoorDash Founded Year
DoorDash Total Amount Raised
DoorDash Funding RoundsView funding details