Engineering Manager, Compute - DoorDashView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Engineering Manager, Compute
- Job Location
- United States - Remote
- Job Description
About the Team
The Compute team serves Doordash engineering by providing a productive, reliable, and efficient compute platform. Our infrastructure underpins most of the services behind Doordash products and a variety of internal infrastructure. Doordash 1,000+ engineers use our platform to launch and operate their services on a fleet of thousands of Kubernetes nodes that are deployed on AWS Cloud.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for a Compute Engineering Manager, to guide the development of enterprise-scale compute solutions. This manager will also act as a technical expert on all things related to compute architecture to empower the greater community of infrastructure engineers and DoorDash partners.
You will work closely with other Core Infrastructure teams and enable them to build and scale their services.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build and lead a globally distributed team of engineers
- Develop talent through coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development
- Support timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs
- Effectively set and manage expectations with other engineering teams, senior management, and external stakeholders
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices
- Develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values
- Be an active part of the leadership team and collaborate with other leaders in the organization
- Participate in strong engineering process through code and architectural review
- Oversee the quality, and engineering practices of a large team of software engineers building our Kubernetes platform
We’re excited about you because…
- 10+ years of experience working in infrastructure domain
- 4+ years of hands-on management experience
- 4+ years of experience hiring and growing teams
- You bring an understanding of modern Linux, Containers, Docker, and Kubernetes
- You love developing and growing people and have a strong track record of doing it
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about software development
- You have some experience in leading, managing, coaching, and mentoring software developers
- You are focused on success and the delivery of timely, high-quality software
- You have solid experience working in an agile development environment
- You have strong written and verbal technical communication skills
- Practical experience with cloud technologies and containers
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
DoorDash Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
DoorDash Company Size
Between 8,600 - 8,600 employees
DoorDash Founded Year
DoorDash Total Amount Raised
DoorDash Funding RoundsView funding details