Engineering Manager, Address + Geospatial Platform - DoorDashView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Engineering Manager, Address + Geospatial Platform
- Job Location
- San Francisco, CA
- Job Description
About the Team
The Logistics organization at DoorDash is looking for an Engineering Manager with strong platform and product sense to lead the Address and Geospatial platform team. This team’s goal is to enable world-class last mile delivery. They’ll do this by capturing and making available an accurate and up-to-date ground-truth of the communities in-which DoorDash operates. To do this the team focuses on:
- Consumer and Merchant addresses (platform and user experience)
- Dasher location data
- DoorDash Regions, Districts, and Places
- Forward and reverse geocoding
- Third party integrations (e.g. GoogleMaps)
This team has a direct impact on every DoorDash consumer, merchant and dasher! Every pickup and delivery address utilizes the team’s platform and we power every single delivery. The Address and Geospatial platform team contains back-end, front-end and mobile engineers and will work across backend, web, iOS and Android platforms. You will partner with product leads, operations, analytics and data scientists to power both 1P and 3P use-cases, and build services and experiences that delight DoorDash’s customers.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for an engineering manager with strengths in both platform and product engineering to join our Logistics organization. You will know what it takes to build and operate platforms at scale and lead a team of engineers to define and bring to life the vision for the address and geospatial platform. This role will involve:
- Partnering with product, operations, analytics and other engineering teams to define the vision and roadmap for the address and geospatial platform.
- Delivering the roadmap incrementally; balancing product, engineering and business priorities.
- Innovating to create solutions which enable DoorDash to provide a world-class last mile logistics capability.
- Maintaining and operating a tier-0 platform that powers every DoorDash delivery.
- Building large distributed systems that can scale as DoorDash grows, and have the flexibility to support new lines of business.
- Championing investment in state of the art capabilities that will unlock new use cases and customer experiences.
We’re open to remotely located candidates, and expect this role to be hybrid with some time in-person with the team and some time remote.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Get to transform DoorDash’s current address and geospatial capability into a fully-fledged platform that powers world-class last-mile delivery.
- Scale the team by bringing in top talent.
- Lead and maintain critical high availability and fault-tolerant services that power every single 1p and 3p delivery at DoorDash.
- Work on novel problems and pioneer the next level challenges in the address and geospatial domain.
We’re excited about you because you…
- Lead high-impact tech initiatives that shape key inputs into our logistics systems.
- Able to lead full-stack engineering teams - backend, web, and mobile.
- Have a desire for impact - ready to take on a lot of responsibility and work collaboratively with your team.
- You’re an owner - driven, focused, and quick to take ownership of your work.
- Humble - you’re willing to get into the details and you’re open to feedback.
- Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly in our fast-paced startup and you’ll need to be able to keep up!
- Growth-minded - you’re eager to expand your skill set and excited to carve out your career path in a hyper-growth setting.
- 2+ years of experience in people management.
- Extensive experience building, shipping and supporting business-facing products and/or architecting large scale platforms.
- Well versed in operating in fast-paced environments and navigating ambiguity.
- Able to deliver on immediate goals and form long-term strategies on technology, process, and people.
- Demonstrated experience in hiring and growing teams and nurturing and growing talent.
- Demonstrated experience working with cross functional stakeholders and managing stakeholder interactions and leadership communication for highly visible initiatives.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
DoorDash Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
DoorDash Company Size
Between 8,600 - 8,600 employees
DoorDash Founded Year
DoorDash Total Amount Raised
DoorDash Funding RoundsView funding details