Engineer Manager - WizelineView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Engineer Manager
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Wizeline is a global digital services company helping mid-size to Fortune 500 companies build, scale, and deliver high-quality digital products and services.
We thrive in solving our customer’s challenges through human-centered experiences, digital core modernization, and intelligence everywhere (AI/ML and data). We help them succeed in building digital capabilities that bring technology to the core of their business.
At Wizeline, we are a team of near 2,000 people spread across 25+ countries. We understand that great technology begins with outstanding talent and diversity of thought. Our business was built on doing well and doing good, and our values of Ownership, Innovation, Community, and Diversity & Inclusion are embedded within our company’s DNA. We are committed to offering our Wizeliners the opportunity to create their career path and develop the skills needed to achieve their personal goals.
We are proud to contribute to local economies by developing technology ecosystems in places like Mexico, Colombia, and Vietnam. We also created Wizeline Academy, a free, community-based education program that teaches high-value skills to workers looking to advance their tech industry careers. As of 2022, Academy has served more than 28,000 students across 675 courses. Wizeliners have the opportunity to upskill by taking Wizeline Academy courses and can also share their expertise by delivering classes to students.
The Engineer Manager is a role held by an experienced individual who has people management skills and shows a genuine passion for helping others. The Engineer Manager promotes and influences a positive and healthy work environment daily, acting as a cultural ambassador.
The Engineer Manager is accountable for building and maintaining a foundational center of excellence by facilitating best practices adoption and supporting the career growth of the team members.
The Engineer Manager’s mission is to continue solidifying Wizeline as:
- The best place to grow: Level up the discipline.
- The best place to join: Scaling the organization.
- The best place to work: Employee engagement.
Here's what you'll be doing in your day-to-day work:
- Functions as an anchor for individual contributors throughout their journey at Wizeline. Facilitates and provides guidelines, and is the main support for individual contributors’ development.
- Serves as a role model for the discipline members, and is the go-to person for technical questions, mentorship, and career growth.
- Understands the team and individual’s technical needs and is accountable for the development of skills through training, certifications, academy, etc.
- Collaborates closely with the Talent Acquisition team to support the Hiring and Interviewing processes. Participates as an evaluator of technical skills, and cultural fit for the company.
- Sets quarterly OKRs for the discipline and achieves visible results in each of them.
- Sets performance and development goals. Is accountable for the performance management of the team, actively participates in the promotion sessions of the CGM (Continues Growth Management), and is also in charge of PIP (Performance Improvement Plans) when performance issues are identified.
- Builds community within the discipline members, and ensures a productive and engaging environment for discipline members.
- Works closely with the Staffing team to cover project needs considering individuals' capabilities, experience, and aspirations.
- Serves as a hub between Delivery and project management to ensure project goals are met and expectations are clear.
- Holds coaching and career development conversations; presents and describes opportunities for growth in order to help achieve career goals.
- Manages the onboarding of new team members to Wizeline and to the Discipline so that they are engaged and productive as soon as possible.
- Is responsible for the beach management of discipline members. Recommends certifications, materials, and training that can add value to the individual while waiting for a new project.
- Is responsible to procure fair and competitive compensation practices within the discipline’s team members by actively participating in the Hiring Process and Focal Review.
Are You a Fit?
Sounds awesome, right? Now, let’s make sure you’re a good fit for the role.
- You have experience as a people manager or leading people around you.
- You have proven expertise (battle scars) in many areas of the software engineering cycle.
- Have demonstrated being a role model for the Discipline by contributing to it with an exceptional track record at a senior level or above.
- Consistent and positive feedback from peers/team frequently is your “bread and water of every day”. Proactively requests feedback.
- Capable of providing empathetic and meaningful constructive feedback that helps individuals and teams grow and improve.
- Exceptional communicator, in both written and spoken English.
- Passionate about executing & experimenting on strategic initiatives such as global growth, learning, and development, talent attraction, among others.
- Comfortable dealing with uncertainty and are capable of shedding light towards clarity.
- Fosters the sense of belonging between each individual with discipline and the company.
- Focused on helping people develop and grow their skills - technical or soft skills.
- Understands and manages team dynamics, facilitating the move towards a high-performance team of interdependent members.
- Creates communities of learning where individuals take advantage of the “knowledge of the masses”.
Why You Should Apply
Still not convinced you should apply? Here are some of the things that make Wizeline different from other technology services companies:
At Wizeline, we value innovation, community, and ownership. Our commitment to diversity, inclusion, and respect fosters an environment where everyone does well and does good. We're proud to be recognized by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation in response to our inclusive corporate policies and best practices for LGBTQ+ employees.
We offer exceptional career growth and learning opportunities to our employees with skill development workshops, mentoring programs, and support for side projects or entrepreneurial work. We ranked 7th on Expansión’s Super Companies 2021 list.
Our Benefits and Perks
We offer competitive compensation and employee-centric benefits, including industry-leading maternity and paternity leave, wellness programs, and remote work opportunities. All Wizeliners have access to continuous learning opportunities through Wizeline Academy, including cloud certifications, mentorship, LinkedIn Learning, Udemy, and in-house technical bootcamps developed by our experts in the field.
In recognition of our superb employee benefits, we debuted on Quartz’s list of the Best Companies for Remote Workers and ranked 5th on Expansión’s Super Workspaces 2021 list.
Our Global Family
To support the global nature of our business and help our employees grow beyond their technical skills, we offer free virtual English and Spanish language classes as well as provide immigration support when applicable. Prior to COVID-19, we had a robust Work Abroad program in place, which we plan to continue once it’s safe to do so.
Wizeline creates and fosters a diverse, inclusive, and harassment-free workplace where everyone can achieve their potential. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Wizeline Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Wizeline Company Size
Between 1,000 - 2,000 employees
Wizeline Founded Year
Wizeline Total Amount Raised
Wizeline Funding RoundsView funding details