Energy Market Development Manager - Grid Services - Cool PlanetView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Energy Market Development Manager - Grid Services
- Job Location
- Powerscourt House, Wicklow / PHG, Lisburn
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
CoolPlanet is a global leader in industrial-scale decarbonisation. We are a family of revolutionary companies who combine technology and world-leading engineering expertise to help complex organisations eg. Commercial Buildings and Manufacturing companies reach Net Zero faster, at scale. We have been decarbonising industry for over 15 years and have taken real and tangible actions to solve Climate Change. We operate in 17 countries and have a global team of innovative and creative subject matter experts who challenge conventional thinking to make a dent in the world’s carbon emission levels.
Through Cool Planets subsidiaries, Power House Generation, Cool Planet Group is a registered Demand Side Unit (DSU) enabling industrial sites to earn additional revenue while supporting Ireland's transition to renewable energy through the provision of flexible demand reduction, behind the meter generation and storage.
Unlike other aggregator’s Cool Planet’s primary business is not focused on aggregation of customers existing assets’ but on assisting commercial and industrial customers to decarbonise. This encompasses many value streams including energy efficiency, process optimisation, microgrid control and replacement of high carbon intensity assets with new low carbon alternatives.
Reporting to the Head of Grid Services, you will be responsible for:
- Managing auction strategy: Develop and implement auction strategies to maximise revenue and market competitiveness. Monitor and evaluate auction performance metrics and provide recommendations for continuous improvement. Provide guidance and support to internal stakeholders on auction-related matters, including compliance, market trends, and strategic decision-making.
- Market modelling and analysis: Conduct in-depth market modelling and analysis to understand market dynamics, trends, and potential opportunities.
- Emerging market Opportunities: As Coolplanet develops various projects, you shall analyse specific emerging market opportunities and support these with revenue forecasting in parallel with existing market structures (DS3+).
- Optimise unit allocation and pricing strategies: Maximise profitability and efficiency of existing and new units by researching and leveraging emerging technologies, market trends, the competitive landscape and identifying associated risks and opportunities.
- Market registration: Manage the process of market registration and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements. Support and progress the development of market solutions in collaboration with key internal stakeholders.
- Regulatory: Stay updated on industry regulations, policies, and associated technologies that impact auction strategies and market operations. Respond to Consultations issued by the RAs, SEMO and the TSOs. Engage with other stakeholders’ consultations and energy policy responses.
- Data: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather data and insights for market analysis and strategy development.Track and support the capacity Market annual auctions and market settlement information through to the Finance department.
- Relationship building: Foster strong relationships with external stakeholders, such as regulatory bodies, industry associations, and technology vendors, to stay informed and influence market developments.
Your aim will be to significantly contribute to the ongoing improvement of the business’ commercial functioning, by analysing PHGs performance in the various markets, ensuring operational efficiency, producing KPIs and maintaining service objectives. These markets shall be Northern Ireland, Ireland, GB and Europe with the aim to develop our operational ability within them.
You will have the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge within the Electricity Markets of Ireland and the UK. This will include the interaction of our Demand Side operations, Renewables and Conventional power generation.
- A strong detailed working knowledge of the energy market
- Proven experience of electrical network terms and functions such as Grid Code and Capacity Market Code, T&SC and Licencing
- Business acumen/commercial awareness with a good knowledge of IT systems
- Strong project management skills with an attention to detail and the ability to work to tight deadlines on multiple projects
- Thorough understanding of the energy and balancing markets
- Strong team skills, able to engage and motivate colleagues cross-functionally
- Proficient in the full Microsoft Office Suite or Google equivalent, have a genuine attentiveness to detail to be able to assist colleagues with generating reports from SCADA software, and review client site payments.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Have the ability to engage with our clients to identify operational issues and strive to rectify them.
- Third Level education or trade qualified in an appropriate subject
- Submission of Energy bids into the Balancing Market.
- Private medical insurance
- Company pension
- Company social events
- Bike to work scheme
- Devices: Company phone and laptop
Powerscourt House, Wicklow / PHG, Lisburn.
Cool Planet Headquarters Location
Greenwood Village, CO
Cool Planet Company Size
Between 10 - 101 employees
Cool Planet Founded Year
Cool Planet Total Amount Raised
Cool Planet Funding RoundsView funding details