Energy Market Analyst - Cool PlanetView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Energy Market Analyst
- Job Location
- Powerscourt House, Wicklow / PHG, Lisburn
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Powerhouse Generation has recently become part of the Cool Planet Group which has increased our area of operations and opportunities. We are now looking to provide energy services and market operations to all the Cool Planet clients, throughout Europe, America and Australia.
Powerhouse Generation (PHG) was the first all-Ireland demand side aggregator trading demand availability from over 160 sites throughout Ireland within the Single Electricity Market SEM which has now evolved into the I-SEM. The I-SEM incorporates an Energy market and a Capacity market, which contribute to the income to Powerhouse. Powerhouse has also contracted with the Transmission System Operators SONI and Eirgrid in the provision of DS3 ancillary system services. Our team of dedicated staff have a combined energy industry experience of over 120 years at both Director and senior management level, with staffing experience varying from Power Station commissioning and Operations, grid control room operations and outage management through to energy trading services.
To ensure the Electricity System network has sufficient supply, Demand Side Unit and the Demand Response scheme was set up which allows energy consumers to earn revenue by having the ability to temporarily reduce their electricity demand on the Grid.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for assisting the Commercial and Operations Manager with;
- Coordinating the response of our sites to dispatch instructions from Eirgrid/SONI, which may entail flexible working hours
- The co-ordination and management of all Operations, including liaising with Engineers and Clients to ensure flawless system process control
- Facilitating addition of new client sites into SCADA whilst adhering to Grid Code and capacity Market Code Rules and Guidelines
- The provision of Market settlement information through to the Finance department Participation in the Capacity Market annual auctions
- Submission of Energy bids into the Balancing Market
Your aim will be to significantly contribute to the ongoing improvement of the business’ commercial functioning, by analysing PHGs performance in the various markets, ensuring operational efficiency, producing KPIs and maintaining service objectives. These markets shall be Northern Ireland, Ireland, GB and Europe with the aim to develop our operational ability within them.
You will have the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge within the Electricity Markets of Ireland and the UK. This will include the interaction of our Demand Side operations, Renewables and Conventional power generation.
You should be able to demonstrate:
- Strong organisational and project management skills with an attention to detail and the ability to work to tight deadlines on multiple projects
- Strong team skills, able to engage and motivate colleagues cross-functionally
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- You must be proficient in the full Microsoft Office Suite or Google equivalent, handle general office duties, have a genuine attentiveness to detail to be able to assist colleagues with generating reports from SCADA software, and review Client site payments.
- You will be expected to maintain regular contact with Client sites and Contract Engineers to ensure good customer / client relations and highlight concerns / issues to line management before they become a problem.
- The ability to engage sympathetically with our clients to identify operational issues and strive to rectify them.
- A strong understanding / familiarity of the energy markets.
- An understanding of Electrical network terms and functions
- Business acumen/commercial awareness with a good knowledge of IT systems
- Third Level education or trade qualified in an appropriate subject
Cool Planet Headquarters Location
Greenwood Village, CO
Cool Planet Company Size
Between 10 - 101 employees
Cool Planet Founded Year
Cool Planet Total Amount Raised
Cool Planet Funding RoundsView funding details