Energy Analyst - Spring 2024 - AscendView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Energy Analyst - Spring 2024
- Job Location
- Boulder, CO
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Energy Analyst, Boulder, CO
*This role is located in the Boulder office, and not available for remote work at this time.
Your Impact at Ascend Analytics
Ascend Analytics is seeking talented individuals passionate about the energy sector to join our analyst team in or around June of 2024. You will apply and build skills like quantitative modeling, decision analysis, market intelligence and forecasting, and strategic planning for energy analytics. Join our team of individuals committed to understanding the energy transition, shaping a cleaner and more cost-effective energy supply, and making an impact.
Ascend Analytics is an innovative “climate tech” software and consulting company focused on energy analytics that are transforming the electric grid. Ascend's solutions provide the analytics to support critical power supply decisions from operating strategies, for short and long-term investment and resource planning decisions. For more information, visit www.ascendanalytics.com.
- Perform quantitative analysis combining technical considerations, economic factors, market rules, and regulatory/policy developments.
- Validate and troubleshoot models with meticulous attention to detail.
- Understand, research, present, and justify market forecasts and underlying assumptions.
- Provide expertise to clients in analytic modeling in areas like risk management, asset valuation, and resource planning by communicating results and modeling approaches effectively.
- Synthesize complex information into understandable reports, visualizations, and presentations.
- Take ownership of projects, ensuring timely completion.
- Leverage analytical tools using Excel, Python, or R for market forecasting and analysis.
- Work independently and collaboratively as needed to achieve objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field, such as economics or engineering with evidence of strong academic performance.
- Strong quantitative analytical skills, including the use of Excel and existing knowledge or the ability to learn the basics of coding in software packages such as SAS, Python or R.
- Strong interpersonal skills, teamwork skills, and work ethic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments and problem-solve with minimum supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Master’s or other advanced degree in a highly quantitative field.
- Prior work experience in energy with a utility, consulting firm, government, or non-profit with a focus on energy.
Compensation: $75,000 - $95,000
Negotiable based on qualifications and experience. Ascend highly values our employees and often pays above industry average.
We offer flexible work hours in a relaxed environment with opportunities for advancement and excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, parental leave, dependent care spending account, and a 401k plan.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Ascend Analytics is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Ascend Analytics is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ascend Headquarters Location
San Jose, CA
Ascend Company Size
Between 5 - 20 employees
Ascend Founded Year