Employment Tax Manager - MongoDBView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Employment Tax Manager
- Job Location
- Remote North America, Dublin
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be $138 billion by 2026!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
In this role, MongoDB is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Employment Tax Manager, to join our tax team located in New York, New York. The Employment Tax Manager will work closely with the Tax, Human Resources and Payroll Operation Teams based in Ireland and the US, supporting and optimizing payroll tax compliance in conjunction with our rapidly scaling company. To be successful, this team member must have the ability to adapt quickly and operate effectively in a rapidly scaling, dynamic environment and align well with MongoDB’s core values. This is a great opportunity to join and grow with a strong finance team at a high growth company.
This role will report to the Global Employment Tax Senior Manager and will have a particular focus on the NAM & LATAM regions but will also have some global remit.
This role will be based remotely in North America.
- Operate as a subject matter expert of NAM & LATAM payroll, equity and benefits, global mobility and reporting in compliance with payroll guidance
- Collaborate with global payroll operations team members to ensure timely and accurate payroll tax withholding and compliance
- Identify, quantity, record and monitor payroll tax risks and exposures for reporting purposes
- Coordinate, monitor and communicate monthly and quarterly payroll tax updates with payroll operations and management
- Communicate and liaison with the tax team and broader finance organization re the financial implications of new legislation and tax exposures
- Independently research and escalate new payroll tax legislation, identifying the reporting requirements, options and associated risks, if any
- Effective collaboration with the Payroll, HR, Compensation & Benefits, Legal, Accounting, FP&A, and business units on general payroll, benefits, mobility, equity and reporting matters with cross functional impact
- Develop and document payroll tax standard and SoX compliant processes
- Analyze, optimize and automate existing payroll and equity tax compliance and global mobility tracking processes
- Lead 3rd party advisor and audit correspondence and resolution
- Focus on process improvement and development to streamline payroll tax compliance across the organization. In particular in relation to equity
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, tax or business administration
- 5-7 years of experience working in employment tax including multi state and international payroll taxes
- Experience working in a global technology company, or having a global technology client, with deep understanding of equity compensation, including restricted stock units and stock options
- Experience with payrolls larger than 2,000 employees including multi-state and global payroll, with an emphasis on NYS
- Understanding of employment tax rules, including regulatory and compliance matters related to expatriate taxes and payroll/employment taxation
- Experience with payroll audits and compliance globally
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
MongoDB Headquarters Location
New York, NY
MongoDB Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
MongoDB Founded Year
MongoDB Total Amount Raised
MongoDB Funding RoundsView funding details