Embedded Software Engineer - ParallelView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Embedded Software Engineer
- Job Location
- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Parallel Systems is a Series A startup company developing the future of intermodal transportation. Our mission is to decarbonize freight while improving supply chain logistics and safety. We are developing vehicles and software to create new autonomous and electric transportation systems for existing rail infrastructure.
At Parallel Systems, we value the team as much as the mission. We want to work with talented people who are humble, motivated, and persistent. Our most successful team members are self-starters and collaborate with others to reach our collective goals.As an Embedded Systems software engineer on the Perception team, you will design, build, and maintain critical kernel-level code to deploy Parallel’s machine-learning models in an embedded operating system. You will develop drivers and modules for the various perception sensors in a multi-threaded, real-time environment. Additionally, your work will involve ensuring the reliable, efficient operation of Linux processes in a hardware-constrained environment. Your work will require close collaboration with software, electrical, and mechanical engineers to integrate and test new sensors.
- Design, build, and maintain critical kernel and driver code onboard the vehicle
- Implement features to support hardware testing and diagnosis
- Deploy and debug applications in the field
- Develop new drivers and controllers for sensors
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar Engineering discipline
- 2+ years experience with low-level systems software (C/C++/Rust or similar) and strong software engineering fundamentals
- 2+ years experience with debuggers such as gdb, lidb, etc
- 1+ years experience with Linux, OS native APIs, and multi-threaded frameworks
- Experience with Rust
- Experience with cameras and related sensors
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (Yocto, Docker, bitbake).
- Experience with an embedded computing platform (Nvidia Jetson)
- Experience with video streaming (H.265, ffmpeg, gstreamer)
$105,000/year to $190,000/year + equity + benefits
Please note the national salary range listed in the job posting reflects the new hire salary range across levels that would be applicable to the position. Final salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s final level. Also, this range represents base salary only and does not include equity or benefits, if applicable.
Parallel Systems is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any discriminatory factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people can come to do their best work.
Parallel Systems is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Parallel Systems will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact your recruiter.
Parallel Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Parallel Company Size
Between 10 - 1,000 employees
Parallel Founded Year
Parallel Total Amount Raised
Parallel Funding RoundsView funding details