Email Marketing Manager - 23andMeView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Email Marketing Manager
- Job Location
- Sunnyvale, California
- Job Description
23andMe is seeking an Email Marketing Manager to join the Growth Marketing team. This individual will be responsible for the strategy and implementation of marketing campaigns that focus on both acquisition, engagement and retention. Key campaigns include announcing new features and services, triggered lifecycle emails, cross-sell and referral campaigns, and refill and renewal reminders. The position reports into the Senior Manager, Email Marketing.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You'll Do
- Strategy Development: Create, implement and optimize comprehensive lifecycle and adhoc marketing campaigns that focus on retention, engagement, and conversion.
- Campaign Execution: manage the day-to-day and own the entire email process from start to finish, including writing briefs, creative reviews, building templates in html, and ultimately deploying emails flawlessly from the email platform
- Email Project Management: manage strict timelines both internally and externally and secure key stakeholders for review and approvals.
- Analyze results, constantly A/B test, create reports, gain insights, share out learnings, and continually iterate and optimize key metrics (open rate, click rate, conversion rate, etc.).
- Collaborate closely with product, design, engineering, analytics, pharmacy, legal and other key stakeholders to identify opportunities, optimize existing campaigns, and develop new campaigns.
- Attention to detail: Quality assurance testing for all email / notification deployments to ensure we have consistent and appropriate coverage across standard devices and platforms.
What You'll Bring
- 3-5 years of proven experience in strategy and executing email marketing campaigns required, preferably with direct to consumer experience or direct response agency or an ESP.
- Experience in high send email volume campaigns.
- Strong understanding of email marketing best practices, audience segmentation, customer databases, A/B Testing.
- Experience with a CRM system, ideally with Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC).
- Basic knowledge of HTML preferred.
- Basic understanding of coding and code deployment is preferred.-
- Familiarity with email design and coding concepts (HTML, CSS, Sketch, Figma, Coda).
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, prioritizing and completing requests in an efficient manner.
- Highly attentive to detail.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and visual formats.
- Self-starter, reliable team player with strong initiative, the ability to thrive in a high-intensity environment and comfortable when navigating ambiguity.
- Ability to work from 23andMe's office in Sunnyvale, CA three days per week
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.
23andMe takes a market-based approach to pay, and amounts will vary depending on your geographic location. The salary range reflected here is for a candidate based in the San Francisco Bay Area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.San Francisco Bay Area Base Pay Range$101,000—$151,000 USD
23andMe Headquarters Location
Mountain View, CA
23andMe Company Size
Between 500 - 1,000 employees
23andMe Founded Year
23andMe Total Amount Raised
23andMe Funding RoundsView funding details
Post Ipo Equity