Distressed Debt Analyst - ReorgView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Distressed Debt Analyst
- Job Location
- New York, New York, United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
A market leader in credit intelligence, Reorg brings together journalists, financial analysts, legal analysts, technologists, and data scientists to collect and synthesize highly complex information into actionable intelligence. Since 2013, tens of thousands of professionals across hedge funds, investment banks, management consulting, and law firm verticals have come to rely on Reorg to make better, faster, and more confident decisions in pace with the fast-moving credit markets. For more information, visit: www.reorg.com
Working at ReorgConsistent with our growth, Reorg hires innovators and trailblazers across the globe to drive our business and our incredible corporate culture alike. Our core values – Action Oriented, Customer First Mindset, Effective Team Players, and Driven to Excel – define an organizational ethos that’s as high-performing as it is human. Among other perks, Reorg employees enjoy competitive health benefits, matched 401k and pension plans, Paid time off, generous parental leave, gym subsidies, educational reimbursements for career development, recognition programs, pet-friendly offices, and much more.The Role
Reorg is seeking a Distressed Debt Analyst to join our team of experienced, successful and highly motivated individuals at one of New York City’s fastest-growing and most successful FinTech companies. The analyst will be an industry generalist, covering in- and out-of-court restructurings and stressed/distressed situations across various geographies.
The role provides the opportunity to collaborate with our Distressed Debt Legal Analysts, Covenant Analysts and editorial staff in generating cross-disciplinary distressed situation research and analysis for our subscribers, which include top hedge funds, investment banks, trading desks, financial advisors and law firms.
This position is based in our New York City office.
What we offer
- Experienced, passionate analysts who you can develop alongside
- Fast growth company with progression opportunities
- Generous benefit package
- Flexible remote work opportunity
- Produce valuation and waterfall recovery models, research reports and topical intelligence articles for publication and distribution to our subscribers
- Maintain active dialogue and cultivate relationships with subscribers and industry contacts to supplement coverage efforts, including idea sourcing
- Direct exposure to portfolio managers at many of the top distressed hedge funds on a daily basis
- Support and collaborate with top-tier Legal Analysts, Covenant Analysts and our editorial team to cover topical distressed situations
- Maintain coverage universe of 15-25 stressed and distressed credit situations
- Minimum of 3+ years of investment banking, advisory, desk analyst and/or buyside experience, ideally in the restructuring and/or distressed space
- Possess strong technical and analytical skills as well as excellent written and oral communication abilities
At Reorg, we consider a range of factors in connection with compensation decisions, including experience, skills, location, and our business needs and limitations. As a result, compensation may vary within and across similar roles and positions. Please note that the salary range information below is a good faith estimate for this position and actual compensation for any individual may fall outside this range if warranted by the circumstances applicable to that individual. If we identify a role that would be suitable for a broader range of skills and experience such that we would consider hiring at multiple levels then the range listed below may reflect that breadth.
The salary range estimate for this position is $110,000 - $130,000.
The actual compensation will be at Reorg’s sole discretion and will be determined by the aforementioned and other relevant factors. This position is eligible for an annual year-end performance bonus.
Reorg provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Reorg Headquarters Location
New York, NY
Reorg Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
Reorg Founded Year
Reorg Total Amount Raised
Reorg Funding RoundsView funding details