Director, Shipper Operations - NEXT TruckingView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Director, Shipper Operations
- Job Location
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
About NEXT Trucking:
NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to providing world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion-dollar puzzle and offer painless freight.
Armed with experienced professionals from Amazon, Google, Facebook, Snap, and Salesforce, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. Forbes included us on its 2019 Next Billion-Dollar Startups list, and we’ve been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
We are passionate entrepreneurs, creative thinkers, and decision-makers who will transform the freight transportation industry with modern technology. We create delightful product experiences that enables freight to move effortlessly, solving complex problems for our shippers and carriers. We collaborate with some of the best designers, engineers, and business partners to achieve our goals.
Are you NEXT?
About The Role:
The Director of Shipper / Customer Operations is responsible for all operational processes and service delivery - ensuring that NEXT provides customers a world-class shipper experience. Reporting to the COO, this role will have 5 direct reports and a broader team of 30. We will consider candidates from the following states: California, Arizona, Georgia, Illinois, New Jersey, New York, South Carolina, Texas, and Washington.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a team of operations professionals to reliably deliver freight solutions for our customers, managing the full lifecycle of containers from order to cash.
- Drive end to end improvements to customer experience, serving as the customer’s voice to our product and engineering teams.
- Partner with finance, product, operations, and sales to build forecasting, scheduling, and operational planning models.
- Automate workflows and processes through technology deployment and integration.
- In collaboration with account managers, manage customer experience and relationships.
- Create optimized and scalable business processes and define systems requirements to enhance the internal TMS / ERP product and support rapid scale up
What You’ll Need to Have:
- 10+ years of relevant experience with a focus on logistics, supply chain, and/or operations.
- Experience leading high-performance teams in quickly scaling operations and driving product / automation agenda
- Bias for action, data driven decision making, and willingness to roll-up your sleeves to get the job done.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Obsession with process, operational excellence and quality metrics.
- Multi-tasking skills in a fast-moving and changing environment.
- Proven analytical, problem solving, and process improvement ability.
- Highest levels of personal and professional integrity and ethics; trustworthy and honest.
- Experience with drayage or OTR is a plus but not required.
What You'll Receive:
- Competitive Base Salary + Bonus + Equity
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k w/ company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- All the tech gear you’ll need to work remotely
- In-person meetups to spend time with the larger team
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry
NEXT Trucking Headquarters Location
El Segundo, CA
NEXT Trucking Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
NEXT Trucking Founded Year
NEXT Trucking Total Amount Raised
NEXT Trucking Funding RoundsView funding details