Director / Senior Director, Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics - Altos LabsView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Director / Senior Director, Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics
- Job Location
- San Francisco Bay Area, CA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Our mission is to restore cell health and resilience through cell rejuvenation to reverse disease, injury, and the disabilities that can occur throughout life.
For more information, see our website at altoslabs.com.
Our Single Altos Value: Everyone Owns Achieving Our Inspiring Mission.
Diversity at Altos
We believe that diverse perspectives are foundational to scientific innovation and inquiry.
We are building a company where exceptional scientists and industry leaders from around the world work side by side to advance a shared mission.
Our intentional focus is on Belonging, so that all employees know that they are valued for their unique perspectives.
At Altos, we are all accountable for sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment.
What You Will Contribute To Altos
An exciting opportunity is available for a talented Senior Director to join the Institute of Medicine (IOM) Development Sciences team at Altos Labs.
We are seeking very highly motivated, creative, and collaborative individuals who are passionate and dedicated to employing their expertise to restore cell health and resilience and reverse disease. This position will be part of a multidisciplinary team within the IOM to develop novel therapeutic projects and pipelines at Altos. The candidate will work in a highly dynamic and cross-functional environment that requires collaboration with the Institutes of Science and may span multiple therapeutic areas and therapeutic modalities. The successful candidate will have strong scientific training, be adept with working with traditional and non-traditional therapeutic modalities, and a demonstrated track record of leading DMPK groups in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Develop and implement DMPK strategies and build infrastructure to support discovery and development programs using internal resources and CROs/consultants
- Recruit scientists and build a team to support DMPK strategy to ensure delivery of high quality data packages in support of target validation through to regulatory filings
- Identify, qualify, and engage external providers of in vitro ADME and in vivo PK services; analyze and interpret resulting data
- Represent DMPK in multifunctional discovery and early development project teams
- Effective cross-functional collaboration, especially with vitro/in vivo pharmacology and toxicology, in the optimization of drug leads and candidates, understanding of PK/PD and human dose projections.
- Contribute to the cross-functional review of regulatory documents and author and review DMPK sections for relevant regulatory documents e.g. IND, IB, MAA and serve as a subject matter expert in composing responses to regulatory queries.
- Recommend, initiate, lead and champion new innovations from external, global and local sources to ensure cutting-edge science is applied to project related issues
- Manage resource allocation, including leveraging CRO partners and internal resources in other Altos Labs groups as needed
- Continuously assess assay capability and capacity needs based on the evolving pipeline at Altos
- Create and foster strong partnerships with groups at the Institutes of Science
- Contributes to a team culture that promotes continuous improvement, ownership, professional growth, and inclusion
Who You Are
- In Pharmaceutical Sciences or related area with a minimum of 10+ years of industry experience in discovery and development DME/PK
- Demonstrated ability to build, manage and lead groups responsible for supporting DMPK deliverables in a team setting
- Strong command of drug metabolism, ADME, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamic and bioanalytical approaches
- Strong knowledge and agility in study design and data interpretation and in the integration of ADME/PK studies in the drug progression paradigm
- Experience working with CROs to provide ADME/PK support for programs.
- Familiarity with regulatory guidance related to ADME/PK characterization and drug-drug interactions.
- A critical thinker with the ability to analyze possibilities and solutions and make pragmatic trade-off
- Clear and influential communicator: exceptional influencing skills that demonstrate strong thought partnership and create effective relationships with internal and external groups and individuals
- Experience working across diverse therapeutic modalities, including small molecules, biotherapeutics, nucleic acid therapeutics, and gene therapy
- Project team leadership experience in the discovery space
The salary range for Redwood City, CA:
- Director: $270,300 - $365,700
- Senior Director: $308,550 - $417,450
Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
For UK applicants, before submitting your application:
- Please click here to read the Altos Labs EU and UK Applicant Privacy Notice (bit.ly/eu_uk_privacy_notice)
- This Privacy Notice is not a contract, express or implied and it does not set terms or conditions of employment.
What We Want You To Know
We are a culture of collaboration and scientific freedom, and we believe in the values of diversity, inclusion and belonging to inspire innovation.
Altos Labs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Altos currently requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to legally required exemptions (e.g., due to a medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief).
Thank you for your interest in Altos Labs where we strive for a culture of scientific freedom, learning, and belonging.
Note: Altos Labs will not ask you to download a messaging app for an interview or outlay your own money to get started as an employee. If this sounds like your interaction with people claiming to be with Altos, it is not legitimate and has nothing to do with Altos. Learn more about a common job scam at https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-spot-avoid-online-job-scams-biron-clark/
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
Altos Labs Headquarters Location
Redwood City, CA
Altos Labs Company Size
Between 200 - 1,000 employees
Altos Labs Founded Year
Altos Labs Total Amount Raised
Altos Labs Funding RoundsView funding details