Director, Sales Development - Japan - OktaView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Director, Sales Development - Japan
- Job Location
- Tokyo, Japan
- Job Description
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
As the Japan Sales Development Director you will be tasked with leading the Japan region from the front, managing, coaching, mentoring and motivating a team of talented Business and Sales Development Reps. The Sales Development org partners with both Marketing and Sales and our ability to successfully serve both these organisations is what drives the overall Okta business. Ensuring the critical work that marketing does to drive demand is picked up and executed through to the handover of opportunities to sales.
There are a number of key pillars which will make this role successful;
- Growing the team
- Personnel, your ability to find, hire and onboard talent
- Culture, as your team grows, how do you retain and evolve the culture
- Stakeholder Management - How well can you align with your key stakeholders and hold them accountable when they stray from that alignment
- Build best in class - Building the regionally specific tools, tactics and processes to make the Japan team successful
- Hire, onboard, and develop new Sales Development Representatives
- Implement and maintain outbound and inbound processes - examine, report and track results on a regular basis
- Maintain a strong focus on outcomes and impact
- Develop your team’s skills for prospecting, qualifying, and Opportunity creation
- Provide regular coaching, feedback, and professional development
- Closely monitor metrics with the aim to increase productivity
- Work closely with sales managers and account executives to ensure proper alignment on account coverage, target personas, opportunity quality and SDR to AE hand-off
- Articulate the business value of Okta, and maintain in-depth knowledge of the Okta platform, our competitors, and industry trends
- Minimum 5+ years directly managing a team of SDR/BDR’s (SaaS or Technology experience highly desired)
- Strong executive presence and the ability to maintain confidentiality and business ethics
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication and conflict resolution skills
- Fluent in both Japanese and English
- Expert in using Salesforce.com and other sales tools/products to drive productivity
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Okta Company Size
Between 5,000 - 20,000 employees
Okta Founded Year
Okta Total Amount Raised
Okta Funding RoundsView funding details
Post Ipo Equity