Director, R&D Program Management - Montai HealthView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Director, R&D Program Management
- Job Location
- Cambridge, MA USA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Montai Health is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company within the Flagship Pioneering Portfolio founded in 2019. Montai Health’s mission is to improve health outcomes for as many people as possible by unlocking the power of natural bioactives to more rapidly develop safe and efficacious therapies to treat and preempt disease. We do that through our CONECTA™ platform which comprehensively maps Anthromolecule bioactivity across pathways that drive disease. The CONECTA platform leverages rapid and ever-growing advancements in the digitization of natural chemistry and human biology coupled with powerful computational tools for linking chemical structure and bioactivity. This confluence of biotechnologies enables Montai to build a powerful, one-of-a-kind discovery platform focused on creating safe, effective, and more human-centric medicines than ever before.
We know that pioneering is an expedition. Our values reflect our mission and our culture:
- Human driven pioneering
- Relentless hunger for impact
- Interdependently ambitious
- Inclusive courage
Please join us on our expedition! For more information, please visit www.montai.com.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager, with research and early development experience, to build the function and drive the delivery of pipeline programs and technical projects. The position will work collaboratively with the project leaders, program teams and functional area leads in a fast-paced and exciting environment at the heart of ensuring planning and achievement of our critical corporate goals. This role is focused on enabling teams to advance therapeutic programs from discovery to IND, through clinical development to approval. This is an exciting and visible role for a highly qualified and motivated individual.
The successful candidate will be results-driven, detail oriented, highly organized and have a proven track record in managing and driving project success as a Project Manager in the pharma/biotechindustry. . Furthermore, the successful candidate will have excellent communication and collaboration skills, knowledge of IND processes, clinical development, and experience managing internal and external teams.
- Establish, integrate, and continuously improve the Program Management function within the Montai culture.
- Work with senior leadership to provide strategic leadership and expertise in terms of scenario planning, trade-off decisions, and risk management.
- Partner closely with functional heads to develop and maintain integrated project plans to identify/communicate interdependencies as well as critical path activities for the project.
- Act as the source for information regarding the overall progression of the portfolio, milestone achievements and risk monitoring
- Work with Finance partners on matters related to budget planning and tracking for programs
- Develop integrated project timelines, track and monitor key milestones and decision points to drive delivery of project objectives.
- Effectively communicate with team members, senior leaders and key stakeholders on the status, objectives, risks, and mitigation plans associated with projects.
- Ensure team members are aware of integrated project timelines and provide timely updates of status and cross-functional impact.
- Plan and facilitate team meetings using project management best practices/tools to drive cross-functional communication, timely and effective decision making, and successful execution of project objectives.
- Organize and maintain team communications including meeting agendas, minutes, decision logs, tasks lists, and risk analyses/mitigation strategies. Develop project management tools/templates to facilitate timely communication and execution of projects.
- Facilitate budgeting/forecasting/long-range planning activities for assigned projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, engineering or related field. Advanced degree (MS, PhD or MBA) and/or PMP Certification preferred.
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in the biopharmaceutical/pharmaceutical industry. Previous experience in small molecule therapeutics preferred.
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in project management of pharmaceutical products.
- Knowledge of biotechnology/pharmaceutical product development processes including technical transfer, manufacturing, stability studies, analytical development, regulatory filings, and clinical/commercial operations. Pre-IND experience is preferred.
Skills / Capabilities
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.
- Expertise in Microsoft suite (Project, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook). Experience with SharePoint.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation and facilitation skills, to effectively inform key updates & issues across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently and successfully in a fast-paced, results-driven, highly accountable environment with large potential impact. Prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, integrate cross-functional issues and balance competing priorities effectively.
- Strong leadership skills, including demonstrated ability to lead a cross-functional team, and to influence at all levels of an organization.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills, including an ability to combine attention to detail with a big picture perspective.
- Available to travel if/when needed.
Montai Health Headquarters Location
Montai Health Company Size
Between 20 - 50 employees
Montai Health Founded Year
Montai Health Total Amount Raised
Montai Health Funding RoundsView funding details