Director, Program Management - Bitterroot BioView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Director, Program Management
- Job Location
- Boston, Massachusetts, United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
About Bitterroot Bio
Bitterroot Bio is committed to pioneering the emerging field of cardio-immunology, which investigates the interplay between the immune system and cardiovascular health. Bitterroot Bio, launched with foundational technology from Dr. Irv Weissman and Dr. Nick Leeper at Stanford. Through our research, we have uncovered the critical roles that immune cells and immune modulators play in the development and progression of cardiovascular disease. Our goal is to provide new hope to those suffering from cardiovascular disease and transform the way these diseases are treated.
We seek a talented, collaborative, and motivated individual to serve as program manager for Bitterroot’s lead program. This is an opportunity for a versatile leader with the right blend of scientific, operational, and people skills to become an integral member of the Bitterroot team. You will play a key role organization and advancing the lead program as well as many supporting company initiatives, facilitating timely and impactful decisions and developing program and project strategy. This position is ideal for a talented, highly motivated and results driven individual who will thrive in a fast-paced, innovative, start-up environment.
- Partner closely with Program Leadership to shape and execute on the Program strategy, goals and plans and ensure alignment within the Program Team and across all expertise areas.
- Partner with functional leaders to provide strategic and operational support for Bitterroot’s integrated development programs from exploratory research, nonclinical research, toxicology, and clinical phase programs,
- Drive coordination of cross-functional activities and promote effective communications (e.g., Team meetings, program updates); integration of people involved within the program (e.g. clarity of responsibilities).
- Proactively contribute to operational project planning, risk mitigation planning, team and meeting management, and coordination of decision-making, including creation/maintenance of timelines, project plans, dashboards, and other planning tools,
- Provide guidance to teams and line function members in negotiating challenges and driving to key decisions and milestones for programs,
- Ensure team adherence to ICH/ GCP/ Federal and local regulations and company specific processes,
- Align with finance on all financial aspects of the Program.
- Provide expertise on program management initiatives including alignment of processes, tools, and technologies that aid in portfolio management across the organization.
- Contribute to strategic portfolio reviews and coordinate team preparation for senior management review meetings.
- Contribute to and/or lead diverse initiatives to improve Bitterroot’s enterprise-wide operations, planning, and execution, as needed.
- Establish effective communication channels to provide visibility into prioritization and progress on projects as well as ad-hoc updates.
- Support business partners in evaluating, choosing, and overseeing new/replacement vendors.
- Lead other key initiatives as they arise in a fast-paced, startup environment with the ability to embrace change, innovate, and initiate process improvements across the organization.
- BS/MS in a life sciences or related degree with 10+ years’ experience in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment, including 5+ years’ experience managing interdisciplinary teams.
- Documented success in achieving goals and deliverables in functional or programmatic activities.
- Knowledge of the drug discovery, research and development processes with ability to impact program strategy and operations.
- Strong leadership skills; demonstrated ability to work well in a collaborative, and dynamic team environment, set priorities, and drive results.
- Experience developing strong, effective relationships with key stakeholders.
- Extensive and hands-on expertise in business systems requirements, planning roadmaps, implementation, and operations in a biotechnology setting.
- Ability to present information and strategies in a clear and concise business fashion, identifying major issues and concerns and recommending corrective actions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills required with demonstrated success in leading projects and interacting with cross functional teams.
- Ability to navigate, problem-solve, execute, and lead in a dynamic, fast-paced, and evolving environment.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
Bitterroot Bio is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. While our ranges are posted, the exact base pay offered for this role will depend on various factors, including but not limited to the successful candidate's qualifications, skills, experience, location or comparison to other employees already in similar roles. In addition to base salary, our positions are eligible for variable compensation through one of our incentive plans as well as equity compensation based on role and level. Bitterroot Bio also offers a generous healthcare plan, 401k retirement savings plan with a company match, flexible time off, cellphone and internet stipend, office snacks, team lunches and fun company culture.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- To perform this duty the employee must have the ability to sit or stand at and operate a computer terminal and walk or travel within the facility. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- This position is based in the Needham, MA area.
Bitterroot Bio Headquarters Location
Palo Alto, CA
Bitterroot Bio Company Size
Between 10 - 50 employees
Bitterroot Bio Founded Year
Bitterroot Bio Total Amount Raised
Bitterroot Bio Funding RoundsView funding details