Director of Retention - SeedView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Director of Retention
- Job Location
- Los Angeles, California
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
We are a microbiome science company pioneering innovations in probiotics and living medicines to impact human and planetary health. Founded to realize the potential of microbes, our platform enables the translation of breakthrough science across a portfolio encompassing both indication-specific and preventive applications for gastrointestinal and digestive health, women’s health, skin and oral care, pediatrics, mental health, metabolic function and nutrition. Our consumer innovations are commercialized under Seed® with a mission to bring much-needed precision, efficacy, education, and perspective-shifting science communication to the global category of probiotics. Environmental research is conducted under SeedLabs, which was founded to develop novel bacterial interventions to enhance biodiversity and restore ecosystems impacted by human activity. We co-founded LUCA Biologics with Dr. Jacques Ravel to develop living medicines targeting the vaginal microbiome for urogenital and reproductive health.
We are a global ecosystem of scientists and partners across Europe and Australia. We speak fluent science and believe microbes offer a new lens to understand our bodies, our health, and our planet. Our team and Scientific Board include both top scientists and doctors from leading academic institutions as well as experienced marketers, brand builders and storytellers.
In less than 4 years in DTC, we’ve built a flagship probiotic that rivals the legacy top two omni-channel brands in all of probiotics globally. We have also built an extraordinary pipeline across multiple categories and needs with breakthrough microbiome science. And now we need the human who is going to thoughtfully architect our member experience and product roadmap as we scale.
Here is a summary of our Seed DNA and the codification of How We Work.
- You have managed subscription memberships of 100,000+.
- Your 5-7+ years of experience encompasses all aspects of lifecycle and retention marketing, including email, CRM, loyalty, site marketing, and customer segmentation, ideally for DTC subscription brands with multiple products. Knowledge of DTC experiences with rigorous regulation and compliance requirements, a plus.
- You understand the member experience is impacted by every single microscopic touch point, and you obsess over them all.
- Your strategies consider a diverse and large member population, but you are passionate about individual member journeys.
- You are never satisfied with the status quo, constantly experimenting with and A/B testing new ideas.
- You manage and execute projects with urgency.
- You thirst for data and have a history of decision making based upon business metrics.
- You are a cross-functional ninja, skillfully coordinating complex projects with multiple stakeholders.
- While you know the existing models, you are consistently looking for ways to disrupt legacy strategies.
- You are insatiably curious, kind and empathic with an unrivaled work ethic.
- You can communicate your vision and strategy clearly and effectively at all levels—and inspire and lead the work to execute on it.
- You play the long game and do not trade short-term tactics for dilution of what we’ve built.
- You are so good at what you do that you get “pick your brain” emails multiple times a day and you don’t have enough time to respond to all the recruiters and investors begging you to go in-house. When we check your references, they will say, “I don’t know if you can get [insert your name], but if you do, this will be the one of most impactful hires you ever make.”
- You read this and you are even more excited about the opportunity.
What you’ll do
- Create and implement our retention and LTV strategy, including onboarding, upsell, cross-sell, win-back, and cancellation.
- Own, develop, execute and communicate email, SMS, push notifications and retention marketing campaigns to drive improvements in retention, frequency, LTV, and increased engagement and advocacy.
- Monitor and report against trends in our membership.
- Create value-added touch points through customer journey mapping, personalization and segmentation, and LTV analysis.
- Test and scale new communication channels.
- Partner with Brand, Growth, Product and Operations to originate, scope, and implement projects and initiatives.
- Define and own goals, objectives, KPIs, and monthly budget and revenue forecasts, plus monitor & meet targets on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Learn. You will need to (quickly) become a domain expert in our field of science and the categories we operate (and will operate) in to be able to articulate our approach and product differentiation for a diverse member population.
Seed Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Seed Company Size
Between 20 - 100 employees
Seed Founded Year
Seed Funding Rounds