Director of People Operations - Nobell FoodsView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Director of People Operations
- Job Location
- South San Francisco
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Nobell Foods is creating cheese and other dairy products from plant-derived dairy proteins for the 99% of people who are unwilling to compromise on taste and price. Nobell is made up of a team of passionate scientists, explorers, and storytellers on a mission to radically change the way we make food, so it’s better for you, the animals, and the planet. We are backed by Bill Gates’ client fund Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, and Robert Downey Jr. If you believe in our mission and are excited about our work, we would love to hear from you!
About the Role:The Director of People Operations is at the heart of what makes Nobell great – its people! We are looking for someone who is excited about our mission of bringing animal-free cheese to the world and who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and build. As the Director of People, you will be in charge of building out a high performance culture while driving meaning in our mission and ensuring the well-being of our team.
To Be Successful In This Role, You Must Have The Following:
- You are a builder and doer and early on will act as an individual contributor- you will have to get your hands dirty and build processes and infrastructure to improve the way we operate, including recruiting, OKRs, performance management, onboarding and offboarding
- You take action- you will be driving the building process and require no hand holding.
- You take ownership of processes and adapt them as you get feedback
- You have empathy- you understand that you will be handling delicate people situations and you know how to handle them with care and empathy
- You communicate effectively and frequently- things move rapidly, you are adaptable and you keep key stakeholders informed
- You are a trusted advisor to the leadership team- you are the first person our team goes to for advice and help on all people matters and you thrive on building trust and transparency
What You Will Bring:
Closing:Please note that this is an in-person role. Only candidates based in the San Francisco Bay Area or willing to relocate to the San Francisco Bay area will be considered for this opportunity.The pay range is currently between $145,000 to $200,000 in annual gross compensation. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.Nobell Foods offers competitive compensation, generous healthcare, dental and vision plans, 401K and commuter benefits.
- 10+ years of relevant experience crafting, building, and executing high-impact people programs and initiatives
- Experience building and effectively leading, growing, and developing a 3-5 person team
- Start up experience is a must. Bio-tech and/or food & beverage a plus
- A good understanding of California and Federal employment requirements
- Excellent people skills and high emotional intelligence
- Successful experience in operationalizing people programs through process optimization, systems integration, and end-user education and training
- Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively establish relationships at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to build and inspire high performance teams
- Bias towards action and ability to thrive in a fast-paced and evolving environment.
- Experience navigating employee relations through empathy and good judgment
Nobell Foods Headquarters Location
View on map
South San Francisco, CA
Nobell Foods Company Size
Between 50 - 100 employees
Nobell Foods Founded Year
Nobell Foods Total Amount Raised
Nobell Foods Funding RoundsView funding details