Director of IT (US Citizens only) - Rhombus PowerView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Director of IT (US Citizens only)
- Job Location
- Palo Alto, California, United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Rhombus is purposefully transforming the nation’s defense and national security enterprises with Guardian, its Artificial Intelligence platform for strategic, operational, and tactical decision-making at the speed of relevance.
We are looking for people who are driven by a sense of purpose. In this role, you will serve to solve our customer’s uniquely complex problems. We expect you to be a systems-level thinker and a real doer. You will excel in this role if you are hungry to make a difference and are intellectually bold. And we sure hope that you smile when you hear our clients say, “If we can dream it, Rhombus can do it.”
Come join our cross-disciplinary and world-class team of technologists who are working hard every day to deliver game-changing solutions to transform national security.
Learn more about Rhombus and watch a demonstration of Guardian, our cutting edge AI Platform here
The Director of IT will have end-to-end responsibility in managing Rhombus’ technology operations and the implementation of new IT systems and policies, as well as building out the IT team. Ideal candidates will be highly hands-on, flexible, fast, and experienced in creating and implementing IT policies and systems that will meet objectives while influencing and motivating those around you to adopt them. The goal is to ensure IT systems and people are effective and functioning within the limits of budget, time and specifications of the company.
We’re seeking those who have a relentless work ethic, vigor, and adaptability.
Due to the nature of our work, we are only seeking US Citizens that have the ability to obtain a clearance. Candidates with TS/SCI clearance are highly desired. This position may require travel to client sites.
- Oversee all IT Operations and Security, in-house or through vendors (network architecture, infrastructure, etc.) and continually evaluate them according to established business goals. Ultimately, you will be responsible for creating a high-performing, secure IT infrastructure!
- Devise and establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies determined by Rhombus’ executive team
- Coordinate IT managers and supervise computer scientists, technicians and other professionals to provide guidance (these could be internal or 3rd party vendors)
- Develop metrics and reporting mechanisms to track program efficacy and to share situational awareness with Rhombus leadership team, as well as influence and inform the development and enhancement of corporate policies in support of insider risk management objectives
- Define a strategic roadmap, including a scalable infrastructure that will support companywide workflows, applications, communications, and data sharing
- Plan and manage a departmental budget with lean standards and high impact in mind, and manage and develop a high-performing team that enables secure and productive business operations across multiple work sites, including remote workers and international partners.
- Minimum 7 years of Data/Information Security experience leading programs and teams, preferably with several years in quickly scaling tech startups. Minimum BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field
- Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and phone systems, particularly in an organization with multiple work sties
- Advanced knowledge of enterprise architecture in the area of IaaS, identity and access management (IAM), collaboration platforms and security technology.
- Understanding of IT Service Management (ITSM) and the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) frameworks.
- Demonstrated experience in vendor management and capacity planning in a fast growth environment.
- Knowledgeable in compliance and information security certifications such as SOC 2 Type 2 and FedRAMP and experience building processes and policies and rolling out tools in compliance with those.
- Knowledge of a modern tech stack of cloud applications, and public cloud platforms preferably AWS and Azure.
- Experience working closely with application development and DevOps teams, focussing on maximizing their productivity in a highly secured environment.
- Experience managing geographically distributed branch offices, and local networks and related equipment.
- Experience rolling out VPN and SSO tools and technologies, and linking local networks with public cloud platforms.
- Candidates that hold recent certifications in CompTIA, Kubernetes, Google Cloud, AWS, Azure, CISSP, CISM, etc.
- Due to the nature of our work, US Citizenship is required for this position
- Palo Alto, California
- Full medical, dental, vision coverage for employee and dependents
- 401k matching program
- PTO and Holidays
- Bonus and other incentive programs
- Access to mental health program
- Access to Flexible Spending Accounts for Health Care, Dependent and Commuter
Rhombus Power Inc. (Rhombus) is a startup located in the heart of Silicon Valley at Stanford Research Park in Palo Alto. We use cutting-edge cross-disciplinary approaches to solve pressing Big Data and Sensing problems in security, energy, and healthcare. Our advisory board includes two Nobel Laureates and a Draper Prize winner.
Rhombus compensates, motivates, and develops employees, who are trusted, empowered, and involved. Employees have clear roles and expectations – and their roles are flexible enough to move at the speed of innovation in order to meet and exceed client expectations. We have a unique culture of global purpose, rooted in the innovation and progress of Silicon Valley.
Rhombus knows that diversity is a condition for success. We are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Rhombus Power Headquarters Location
Mather Field, CA
Rhombus Power Company Size
Between 20 - 100 employees
Rhombus Power Founded Year