Director of Engineering, Identity - Epic GamesView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Director of Engineering, Identity
- Job Location
- Los Angeles,California,United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Driving the plug-in power behind Unreal Engine 5. We bridge connections for licensees and our own internal game teams to online services. This allows games like Fortnite to utilize a combination of platform online services as well as Epic’s own online services to build cross-platform online features. Login, parties, voice chat, matchmaking, purchasing, cloud storage, and analytics are just a few examples of online features that our Online Game Services team helps games utilize.
What You'll Do
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games, services, or engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar.
The Identity group is a core pillar of Epic’s Online Social Ecosystem development vertical. They are responsible for building critical features such as account management, authentication, security, and much more for our games, applications and services. As the Director of Engineering, Identity you’re team will play an impactful role on most project’s ongoing at Epic. Central to this role is tracking and maintaining status for ongoing active projects and initiatives and how they meet our company strategies and priorities. Knowing who the teams need to hire to meet those demands and future needs. Building a detailed understanding of the project pipelines, software development lifecycle, and being able to identify improvements, best practices, and tailor specific changes to improve each team’s ability to own their outcomes. Working with the team and company leadership, you will be at the center of many Epic things.
In this role, you will
- Lead the team in creating and operating online systems and solutions spanning backend services, web apps, and native client integrations
- Own technical design and drive implementation of robust, highly scalable online solutions
- Definition, delivery, and ongoing improvement of SLAs for the Store player experiences - system health and monitoring, reporting and response, on-call resolution
- Partner with stakeholders to establish clear priorities and defining expectations which translate into a scope of work the team can effectively deliver on
- Team Management - understanding strengths and opportunities for growth, surfacing opportunities for development
- Ongoing, transparent communication with a focus on expectations fostering trust with internal stakeholders and external partners
- Deep knowledge and ability to drive best practices around industry standards including scalability, resiliency, security
What we're looking for
- Experience with account/identity systems
- 7+ years software engineering industry experience developing online systems and integrating software at scale
- 10+ years of experience as an engineering leader
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with third-party vendors
- Proven track record of guiding and developing teams delivering online solutions at scale leveraging industry best practices and standards
- Knowledge and understanding of system health, monitoring, and troubleshooting for distributed online solutions
- Experience recruiting, mentoring, and retaining talent
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Epic Games Headquarters Location
Epic Games Company Size
Between 2,200 - 10,000 employees
Epic Games Founded Year
Epic Games Funding Rounds