Director of Brand Marketing - Game TacoView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Director of Brand Marketing
- Job Location
- US Remote
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Game Taco is the parent company of WorldWinner, a premier skill gaming-based platform that joins gamers from around the world to play and compete in tournaments for fun and cash prizes.
With a mission of bringing the excitement of eSports to all gamers, Game Taco is the leading premium skill-games destination in the United States, including popular games like Bejeweled, Wheel of Fortune®, SCRABBLE Cubes, and TRIVIAL PURSUIT, plus Atari classics like Breakout, Asteroids, and Centipede!
We are looking for new team members in a variety of disciplines who are enthusiastic about helping us build a world-class gaming platform on mobile and beyond. Backed by Platinum Equity and Strategic Investors, Game Taco is headed into an exciting growth phase!
Game Taco is seeking an innovative marketer to join the team and lead brand marketing for our game services. This marketer will help with creating and executing best-in-class marketing campaigns to support WorldWinner and strategic partner, Fan Duel focused initiatives that drive the business. The Director of Brand Marketing reports to the GM & Chief Marketing Officer.
- Build, lead, and inspire a customer-centric, world-class brand marketing team focused on building brand love, loyalty, and cultural relevance through brand programs that scale the Game Taco brand .
- Lead brand strategy, including positioning, purpose, promise, and messaging and, serve as the chief brand evangelist influencing company leadership and cross-functional teams to ensure our brand strategy is reflected in all work as well as all aspects of the customer experience.
- Champion the customer and lead your team to represent the voice of the player across the company.
- Drive creative brief development and collaborate closely with Creative Strategy and Creative, and champion the work throughout the process through to launching the work to the market.
- Collaborate and partner closely with a dynamic team of marketers, in-house and agency creatives, product experts and other leaders throughout the company to bring our brand to life, ensuring we create successful work that drives results
- Lead our social media, influencer marketing, and brand partnerships, inclusive of culture and entertainment partnerships, sponsorships, and product placement, and forge strong partnerships with our media partners, agencies, studios, networks, producers, and influencers
- Own brand measurement and health metrics and work with Marketing Insights, Analytics, and Media teams to quantify the impact of brand marketing on the business
- Ideate, develop and launch innovative cross-functional brand marketing campaigns for Game Taco to ensure the company is positioned as a market leader
- Implement clear, actionable marketing plans, data informed promotions and supporting tactics (multi-platform media, social, partnerships and press-worthy promotional stunts) to position Game Taco’s offering as fun, unique, and “must play”.
- Develop game specific marketing programs and assets.
- Oversee and Lead the Creative, Direct Marketing, Social Media, and Player Services teams.
- Advocate for prioritization of marketing related tools / needs from product development to drive the overall Game Taco business. (Tournaments, Programming, Events)
- Maximize paid (coordinate with media and performance marketing teams), owned and earned media to generate buzz, maximize effectiveness and drive measurable KPIs including awareness, demand, NPS, customer acquisition and usage.
- Ensure messaging/tactics work across the entire funnel (on-product and off) consistently, effectively and can be customized based on customer affinities, passions, usage behavior and point of consumption.
- Work with internal teams (i.e., media, performance, CRM, Social, Editorial, etc.) to closely monitor campaign performance and optimize accordingly. This includes identifying and prioritizing events that over-index in high-value users into consuming other content on the platform to reduce likelihood of ‘one-and-done’ acquisitions.
- Partner with Creative Operations to brief, guide, and manage agencies and party partners to develop best-in-class creative to elevate Game Taco’s brand.
- Manage team of functional leads to ensure campaigns are all encompassing and post campaign, learnings are collected and implemented for future efforts.
- Lead and manage direct reports as needed.
- Conduct market research to determine player preferences and habits in order to create effective marketing strategies.
- Monitoring competitors’ activities to identify new trends and adjust the company’s strategy accordingly.
- Reviewing customer feedback to identify areas for improvement and adjust existing products or develop new ones.
- BS/BA (Marketing, Business), MBA preferred
- 5+ years of experience of successful direct-to-consumer brand marketing experience
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills; demonstrated leadership and organizational skills required; collaborative, cross-functional team player
- A strong brand strategy skillset through a history of exposure and experience, complemented by experience in executing marketing campaigns on-time and on-budget.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to critically analyze data to make decisions and informed recommendations
- Thinks strategically uncovering market insights that would turn into potential opportunities or issues
- Plans and executes both long term/big picture actions and short term/day to day initiatives leveraging insights uncovered
- Demonstrated leadership and organization skills required to be able to lead projects, influence key stakeholders, and work independently
- Experience in Entertainment, Gaming, Mobile and large-scale Social App space
- Demonstrated direct to consumer marketing experience in a digital product
- Strong track record of interacting, working with and influencing multiple stake holders and partnering collaboratively with consumer insights, content, product, acquisition and retention marketing teams
- Analytical/strategic thinker and creative problem-solver; resourceful, able to initiate change and motivate innovation and creativity.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly innovative and creative with positive energy.
- Excellent presentation and analytical skills.
- Prior people management experience preferred
- Ability to quickly learn new technology platforms
- Self-starter, ambitious, creative, and a team player
- Demonstrate open-mindedness, adaptability, and personal integrity
- A keen eye for detail and ability to identify opportunities for improvement
- Tons of curiosity, imagination and creativity with an enterprising attitude towards creative advertising
- Creative design and copywriting skills
- Fully remote or Boston / Las Vegas office setting plus ability to collaborate with team members in any US time zone.
- Exciting, creative, and fun industry where you can really make a difference!
- Comprehensive health and welfare benefits program including 401(k) with matching contributions and immediate vesting.
- Lucrative candidate / employee referral program -- refer your talented colleagues to help us build our bench!
- Unlimited PTO
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Game Taco is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, religion, age, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
We will make a reasonable accommodation to known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant or employee with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on our operation or direct threat safety to the individual or others in the work environment.
We also participate in the E-Verify program, a service of DHS and SSA. Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
Game Taco Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Game Taco Company Size
Between 50 - 100 employees
Game Taco Founded Year
Game Taco Total Amount Raised
Game Taco Funding RoundsView funding details