Director of BI & Analytics - AlloyView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Director of BI & Analytics
- Job Location
- New York City, Remote
- Job Description
Alloy is where you belong!
Alloy is an Identity Decisioning Platform, enabling banks and innovative fintech companies to manage KYC, AML, fraud, risk, and other components of customer onboarding. Alloy’s API enables its customers to access about 150 third-party data sources in real-time to improve decision-making and streamline customer experiences.
Alloy is an industry leader, working with companies like Brex and Marqeta and top 20 banks. We're backed by venture capital firms that have taken countless companies to IPO like Lightspeed Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Canapi Ventures, Primary Venture Partners, Eniac Ventures, and others and we’re looking to bring on incredibly talented individuals to help take us to the next level!
Alloy operates in a hybrid-work environment. We look to foster collaboration and community by having our New York team on-site twice a week, and our remote employees on-site three times a quarter. Join an exciting startup company in the fintech space named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces, Best FinTech to Work for by American Banker, and Best Place to Work by Built in NYC year after year.
Why we’re hiring
We’re looking for an experienced analytics leader to build out the BI & Analytics function at Alloy. You’ll partner collaboratively with executive leaders across the company, delivering high quality insights that will accelerate the growth trajectory of the company. This role will be critical to Alloy's success as we continue to scale rapidly.
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll report into Alloy’s centralized Business Operations function and collaborate closely with Executive Leaders across Revenue Operations, Finance, Product, and Engineering to drive analytics and insights.
- Hire, onboard and develop a team of world class analysts delivering high quality, reliable data visualization and insights to business units at Alloy.
- Design and implement a data governance framework to ensure accuracy, quality and consistency of data from production to consumption.
- Partner closely with the Data Engineering and Product teams to plan and prioritize data warehouse and infrastructure roadmap.
- Drive adoption of analytics across the company through communicating insights regularly and enabling / teaching users to self-serve.
- Gain a deep understanding of Alloy’s business and strategic priorities, proactively spotting opportunities to develop strategic insights.
- Build advanced analytics, leveraging data science and analytics capabilities to address needs such as revenue forecasting.
Who we’re looking for
- 5+ years Analytics experience including 2+ years management experience
- Experience working in a rapidly growing B2B SaaS company
- View BI & Analytics as an internal product for business users
- Experience mentoring, leading, and career pathing analysts
- Instinct to roll up your sleeves and dive in to get something done to complete a project
- Extensive BI tool experience (Looker preferred, not required)
- Proficiency writing advanced SQL
- Demonstrated success implementing a data governance framework
- Strong communicator, able to succinctly distill complex analyses into high level insights for senior level leaders
- Ability to prioritize roadmap and work of team against the objectives of the broader business
The Nice to Haves
- Python, R, other advanced analytics tools
- Data science background
In addition to prior experience, we strongly value candidates who are curious, humble, quick learners, and strong communicators. Having strong organizational and prioritization skills will help you navigate the changes in company structure, product strategy and mix of job responsibilities that are inherent to a growing startup.
We are a lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately. If this all sounds like a good fit for you, why not join us?
Benefits and Perks!
- Unlimited PTO and flexible work policy; we are remote for most roles!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA employer contribution, FSA, and FSA dependent programs
- 401k with 100% match up to 4% with immediate vesting and eligibility
- $500 to set up your WFH space - a one time thing
- Monthly commuter contribution
- Monthly credits for groceries from Public Goods
- Monthly credits for Seamless
- Monthly wellness credits to ClassPass
- Annual Citi Bike membership
- Annual $1,000 learning & development stipend
- 4 free therapy sessions and 3 months of talk therapy
Alloy’s Covid-19 Company Statement
Alloy does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing may be mandated by the relevant local laws with which the company will comply. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on-site for events, travel, and/or work in our New York City offices, those actions will be subject to any relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
At this time, Alloy is currently following compliance regulations with New York City’s Private Sector Mandate and is offering religious and medical accommodations for all eligible employees and visitors
How to Apply
Apply right here! You've found the application!
Alloy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. We’re committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
Alloy Headquarters Location
New York, NY
Alloy Company Size
Between 200 - 1,000 employees
Alloy Founded Year
Alloy Total Amount Raised
Alloy Funding RoundsView funding details