Director of Analytics and Data Science - WithinView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Director of Analytics and Data Science
- Job Location
- Los Angeles
- Job Description
Supernatural is helping countless people fall in love with working out for the first time in their lives.
Supernatural harnesses the immersive power of virtual reality to let you travel the world as you smash and box targets to the beat of over 1,000 top hits, coached by a professional trainer. With an ever-growing library of workouts across Supernatural Flow (our original full-body cardio modality), Supernatural Boxing, Coach-led Stretch sessions, and Guided Meditation, Supernatural invites you to discover your inner athlete and have fun working out. Available on the Oculus Quest.
Check out the Official Supernatural Community on Facebook to meet our diverse community of athletes and coaches as they celebrate their fitness journeys together. Supernatural is loved by The New York Times, Washington Post, GOOP, People, Today, Men's Fitness, Women's Health, and hundreds more; check out our press page for more.
Join our team and become part of a community dedicated to helping people find joy in health and wellness today.
The impact you’ll make:
The Supernatural Data team is a center of excellence responsible for providing planning, reporting, and insights support across Supernatural business functions that drive the company’s business strategy and execution.
Reporting to the VP of Finance and Analytics, the Director of Analytics and Data Science you will craft the strategy for the analytics and data science group. You will be responsible for the overall performance of the team that is partnering with different parts of the organization like Product, Marketing, Finance, Content and Engineering teams.
What you’ll do:
- Define, plan and execute the vision, strategy, and roadmap for product & marketing analytics and data science.
- Wear different hats and act as both an individual contributor and strategic leader
- Work closely with the Product / Marketing leaders to develop KPIs to measure the success of the companies strategy, unlock insights, and guide the Product / Marketing roadmap.
- Mentor a team of Data Analysts / Scientists to:
- explore & process data from disparate sources
- generate deep & actionable insights
- drive the development and adoption of best practices
- grow their careers and contributions to the team over time
- Guide the team to build our capability to use new analytical methodologies and techniques to measure feature adoption, engagement, and satisfaction.
- Partner with the Data Engineering leaders to make sure we have the right infrastructure to support the analytics and machine learning workloads.
- Help manage communications among the product teams and the broader cross-functional organization to ensure stakeholder alignment.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 7+ years working with SQL, Data Modeling, Data Infrastructure and ETL Optimization
- 5+ years data science experience with a Bachelor or Master degree or 3+ years with a PhD in relevant fields
- 5+ years of experience with applied statistics or experimental design (i.e A/B testing) in an industry setting
- Strong communication skills, specifically driving projects in a leadership role
- Strong and statistical analysis skills
- Plus for marketing analytics experience (e.g. multi-channel analysis, attribution modeling)
- The perfect candidate will have experience building and managing world-class analytics teams, will have worked with large and complex data, and will have a track record of driving data-informed decisions
Bonus Points For:
- Passion or experience with health & fitness
The base salary range for this position is $140,000 - $190,000 annually. Base pay is one part of Within’s total compensation package, which also includes benefits such as health insurance, equity, bonus incentive programs, company perks and more. While this range may provide a helpful estimate of expected pay for this position, it does not take into account individual factors that may influence pay such as experience, qualifications, skillset, location, education and other business critical needs.
At Supernatural, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Supernatural is committed to bringing together individuals from all different backgrounds and perspectives, however applicants from agencies as well as corporation to corporation work will not be considered at this time.
Within Headquarters Location
Los Angeles, CA
Within Company Size
Between 50 - 200 employees
Within Founded Year
Within Total Amount Raised
Within Funding RoundsView funding details