Director, Member Transition (DME) - Synapse HealthView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Director, Member Transition (DME)
- Job Location
- Job Description
Synapse Health | Who We Are
With the collective efforts of our epic team members, we’re trailblazing a new path in the DME industry. Synapse Health was founded in 2016 with a goal to fix the fractured DME ecosystem and completely transform the industry. Built on decades of industry and leadership experience, we’ve launched tech-based solutions that eliminate age-old DME headaches, resulting in a seamless experience for all. We are proud to offer work that matters, on a mission that matters.
What We Need
We are looking for a Director of Member Transition to lead the newly created member transition function at Synapse Health. Management experience in the DME industry is highly valued in this role as well as experience with processing/qualifications and/or billing for DME. Experience with DME payor guidelines and logistics will contribute to success in this role as well as experience in a call center is desired. The role is fully-remote, or there is a hybrid option available to those in the Chicago area (Skokie, IL).
What You Will Do
- Manage a team of up to 100 remote staff members in a highly transactional setting.
- Exceptional leadership skills to effectively lead multilevel management teams.
- Ability to empower staff to deliver a true concierge service during a member’s transition from a DME vendor to Synapse Health.
- Managing the member transition team that will support multi-state, full-line DME products and customer service-focused functions to obtain required billing documents in collaboration with DME vendors, various payors, members, medical staff and prescribers.
- Ensure the member transition team is proactively reaching out to members, prescribers and vendors with existing DME needs to confirm information, collect any needed and missing qualifying documentation and build and send prescriptions to prescribers for order completion.
- Responsible for managing the planning, coordinating and logistics for member transitions from one DME vendor to Synapse Health.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the high volume of inbound and outbound member transition calls in a remote call center environment.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of processing a high volume of member transition orders to include patient intake, order entry, qualification, patient scheduling, referral outreach, payment collection, return processing, etc.
- Responsible for managing key performance indicators, service level agreements, labor and operating expenses within assigned budgets and goals.
- Comply with all quality compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Initiate and monitor action plans when business results are not meeting established operational targets or indicate future operational performance issues.
- Innovative mindset to create new, effective solutions.
- Engage in key meetings with regular cadence regarding health plans and medical groups; present performance metrics and trending and engage in strategic planning.
- Drive key performance metrics such as Member Satisfaction and Net Promoter scores and engage with cross-functional teams to manage improvement plans.
- Conduct strategic needs assessments to determine best practices and improvements in how we affect our key stakeholders.
- Manage collaborative business relationships within the risk-bearing entities’ teams, as well as internal, cross-functional divisions.
- Performs other duties as required.
What You Have
At Synapse Health we’ve intentionally built a culture of kindness, collaboration and creativity, and we consider those qualities to be table stakes for any new team member. In addition, this role requires:
- Bachelor’s degree of Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or other related majors. In lieu of a degree, 10 or more years of relevant management experience within the durable medical equipment industry may be considered.
- 5+ years of recent management experience in the durable medical equipment industry in a call center environment and/or onsite location in customer service or an order intake department setting or other related experience.
- Proficient in MS Office applications and ability to learn department and job-specific software systems.
- Keen organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills across multiple modes and audiences.
- Skilled analytical problem-solver.
- Demonstrate high attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
What Sets You Apart
- Strategic Thinking: Demonstrates seeing the big picture, planning ahead and putting thought into action.
- Adaptability: Adapts quickly to change and easily considers new approaches.
- Analytical Thinking: Demonstrates the ability to deconstruct information into smaller categories in order to draw conclusions.
- Decision Making: Manages to make the right decision in complex situations.
- Leadership: Demonstrates the ability to influence and guide members of an organization.
What Sets Us Apart
It’s no secret that most of us work to provide for ourselves and those we love, but just because we have to work, doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy it. In fact, at Synapse Health, we insist on it! We want our team members to thrive personally and professionally, which is why our benefits include:
- Professional growth opportunities with compelling career paths
- Healthy work-life balance culture with paid time off (PTO)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance for full-time team members
- 401K savings plan with employer contribution match
Synapse Health is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
Synapse Health Headquarters Location
Synapse Health Company Size
Between 20 - 100 employees
Synapse Health Founded Year
Synapse Health Total Amount Raised
Synapse Health Funding RoundsView funding details