Director, Marketing - Generate CapitalView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Director, Marketing
- Job Location
- San Francisco
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
ABOUT GENERATE CAPITAL
Generate Capital is a leading investment and operating platform for sustainable infrastructure. Founded in 2014, Generate has been accelerating the Infrastructure Revolution for years, partnering with pre-eminent innovators with a diversified fleet of over 2,000 sustainable infrastructure assets, serving more than 1000 customers and communities. We are the one-stop shop for technology companies, developers and integrators for capital and help to deploy sustainable infrastructure and for customers to meet resilience, decarbonization and cost savings goals.
Climate change, and the related resource challenges of food insecurity, energy poverty, and water scarcity, require an unrelenting focus on delivering solutions at the urgency and scale required. At Generate, we believe that we can solve the world’s most pressing resource issues by taking a systems-level approach, one that has the appropriate time horizon and the financial, operational and human capacity to comprehensively address the challenges before us. We recognize that our stakeholder alignment is our license to operate: customers, communities, innovators, developers, employees, capital partners and the planet all must win.
We do work others can’t. Generate is the long-term, flexible, operationally capable, and values-driven partner for pioneering project developers and solutions providers, offering an empathetic and experienced approach to solving the world’s most important problems.
Joining Generate is an opportunity to help build a cutting-edge, values-driven organization that is redefining the economics of sustainable infrastructure. At Generate we take a long-term approach to our people and are committed to building a diverse, equitable, and empathetic workforce that is willing to roll up our sleeves and do what it takes to get infrastructure projects built. We integrate our values – integrity, collaboration, excellence, intellectual honesty, and accountability – at all levels, in all of our decisions.
Certified as a Great Place to Work, Generate offers employees a collaborative culture, opportunities for personal growth and exposure to ongoing learning opportunities.
What you can expect from us:
- The ability to truly “do well by doing good”; indeed, we really are changing the world
- An opportunity for entrepreneurship and leadership in building out and managing the company’s operational infrastructure and the teams that support it
- A commitment to your professional development, ongoing learning opportunities, and overall growth as a person
- The ability to work with a team with decades of collective experience financing and managing billions of dollars of sustainable infrastructure, leading successful startups, and growing great people
- Exposure to a wide range of capital and technology solutions across clean power, mobility, smart cities, water, waste and agriculture
- Competitive pay and benefits, and the opportunity to fight climate change
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for an experienced, hands-on marketing professional who thrives in fast-paced environments and is as comfortable designing strategies as they are deploying tactical solutions. Organized and detail-oriented, the Marketing director will work with all Generate’s business teams and collaborate with external stakeholders to tell Generate’s story and increase brand awareness across all technology solutions and audiences. They are a seasoned content developer who is passionate about sustainability solutions and high growth organizations. The Marketing Director joins us from a renewables investment firm or one of Generate’s sustainable industries (power, mobility, waste, water, agriculture and smart cities).
What you will be doing at Generate Capital as the Director, Marketing
- Help refine our messaging, positioning, and brand attributes
- Increase brand awareness across all sectors and audiences
- Develop and implement demand generation programs and campaigns that consistently deliver high-quality touch points and leads
- Create and maintain paid and owned content assets (websites, slide decks, newsletters, brochures, case studies, white papers, videos, photos, advertising campaigns and sponsorship, etc.)
- Hire and manage vendors and partners
- Deploy tools and processes to support the growth and efficiency of the marketing team
- Manage Generate’s paid and owned marketing budget
- Create and manage branded corporate gifts to support events and customer/partner meetings
- Ensure Generate Capital’s corporate messaging and brand guidelines are followed by all business teams
Candidate qualifications & core characteristics:
- 5-8 years of experience marketing financial products or sustainable technology solutions, ideally within the renewable energy, mobility, waste and/or asset management sectors
- Strong writing, editing and content development skills
- Extensive messaging and branding experience
- Project and stakeholder management experience
- Successful startup or scaleup experience
- Thorough understanding of our partners’ and customers’ needs (including project developers, solution providers, and technology vendors)
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Experience sourcing and managing marketing and design contractors for quality and timeliness
- A demonstrated passion for, or commitment to, our mission
- Commitment to embody and enhance awareness of our values and to motivate those around you to do the same
- Unimpeachable integrity and glowing references
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including empathy, intuition, and listening
- High-level of self-awareness and humility, with excitement about confronting uncomfortable situations or new challenges
- Intellectual agility, curiosity, and creativity; problem-solving is your default mode
- Entrepreneurial spirit: flexibility, comfort with risk, recognition that “perfect can be the enemy of the good”
Generate’s compensation packages are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Salary decisions take into account a wide variety of factors including, but not limited to: skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, geographic location, and other business and organizational needs. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is $156,800 - $268,800. In addition, the compensation package may include a discretionary bonus and other benefits, including health care benefits, retirement benefits, benefits permitting paid days off (including sick leave, parental leave, and paid time off or vacation benefits), and other benefits that must be reported for federal tax purposes. It is not typical for an individual to be hired at the top of this range.
Generate Capital is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Generate Capital Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Generate Capital Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
Generate Capital Founded Year
Generate Capital Funding Rounds