Director, Market Insights - SimilarWebView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Director, Market Insights
- Job Location
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Similarweb is the leading digital intelligence platform used by over 3500 global customers. Our wide range of solutions power the digital strategies of companies like Google, eBay, and Adidas. We help our customers succeed in today’s digital world by giving them access to data-driven insights, competitive benchmarks, strategic analysis, and more. In 2021, we went public on the New York Stock Exchange, and we haven’t stopped growing since!
We’re looking for a Director of Market Insights to lead a team that will generate research and insights content that will influence Fortune 500 executives in retail, manufacturing, financial services, tech and media on digitally transforming their business, powered by Similarweb data. Similarweb’s research is often cited in major news outlets, including Forbes, Wall Street Journal, AdAge, CNBC, and more.
As a digital strategy expert, you will oversee the global insights and content strategy for our market research audience. With unfettered access to the web’s most accurate and cutting-edge digital intelligence data, you will establish our proprietary research methodologies that drive consistent and scalable delivery of marketing insights and build Similarweb’s authority in the market research industry. Lead research design and analysis and shed light on the behaviours and trends that matter to tell compelling, data-driven stories that help prospects understand the value of Similarweb. You will study key areas of consumer behaviour and market analysis and produce deliverables based on findings that have urgent implications for market research leaders. Using data storytelling, you will help create a strategy that will support marketing’s objectives and leverage our Advisory Services organisation’s approach to supporting client objectives.
This role will report to the CMO, where the candidate must be able to excel in a fast-paced organisation with high expectations on the quality of deliverables. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced research or insights leader seeking to join a high-performing, mission-driven team.
What You Will Do:
- Generate research methodologies that create a Similarweb branded approach to developing insights content for key market research topics like consumer behaviour, digital performance, digital strategy, and more - focusing
- on the CPG, Retail and Financial Services industries
- Develop a deep understanding of market research and marketing leaders’ priorities and challenges to derive consumer and market insights that prompt action; stay abreast of emerging trends and evaluate their significance, as well as incorporate areas of client interest revealed by professional services colleagues
- Partner with a wide range of internal stakeholders, including Advisory Services, Client Services, Marketing, and Product, to identify key business questions that can be answered through Market Insights
- Find, evaluate, and collate relevant information and data from across the industry and customer landscape
- Evangelise and influence internal marketing partners to incorporate and emphasise your research in client-facing events and relevant programs
- Design strategic calculations and queries, analyse data, and interpret results that provide clear and actionable insights and recommendations throughout the content creation lifecycle
- Analyse existing and develop new quantitative data analysis and conduct qualitative research as needed
- Generate charts, tables, and other data visualisations to illustrate findings
- Create annual Market Insights plans and manage the execution of work on time
- Manage Market Insights team members to ensure insights needs are met across the organisation and ensure a high level of rigour, quality, and objectivity across work outputs for all Insights team members
- Manage 2 to 3 direct reports
- Oversee training, coaching, performance management and support to continue developing their skills and research acumen
- Ensure team effectiveness, efficiency, knowledge sharing and engagement by providing leadership and guidance to direct reports
This is the perfect job for someone who:
- Minimum of 5 years of prior research experience, preferability with a digital intelligence market research vendor company
- Minimum of 2 years of people management experience
- Hands-on experience utilising qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and working in market research, data analytics, digital intelligence, and creating industry reports
- Strong analytical skills (ability to synthesise complex information from multiple sources)
- Intellectually curious, data-savvy, and data-driven, with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal skills (ability to navigate complex organisation structures and influence accordingly to succeed)
- Highly motivated, self-directed, and thrives in managerial role managing a team of insights leaders
- Collaborative and solution-minded with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication kills
Why you’ll love being a Similarwebber:
You’ll actually love the product you work with: Our customers aren’t our only raving fans. When we asked our employees why they chose to come work at Similarweb, 99% of them said “the product.” Imagine how exciting your job is when you get to work with the most powerful digital intelligence platform in the world.
You’ll find a home for your big ideas: We encourage an open dialogue and empower employees to bring their ideas to the table. You’ll find the resources you need to take initiative and create meaningful change within the organisation.
We offer competitive perks & benefits: We take your well-being seriously and offer competitive compensation packages to all employees. We also put a strong emphasis on community, with regular team outings and happy hours.
You can grow your career in any direction you choose: Interested in becoming a VP or want to transition into a different department? Whether it’s Career Week, personalised coaching, or our ongoing learning solutions, you’ll find all the tools and opportunities you need to develop your career right here.
Diversity isn’t just a buzzword: People want to work in a place where they can be themselves. We strive to create a workplace that is reflective of the communities we serve, where everyone is empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to inclusivity across race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience. We believe our culture of equality and mutual respect also helps us better understand and serve our customers in a world that is becoming more global, more diverse, and more digital every day.
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
SimilarWeb Headquarters Location
New York, NY
SimilarWeb Company Size
Between 1,000 - 2,000 employees
SimilarWeb Founded Year
SimilarWeb Total Amount Raised
SimilarWeb Funding RoundsView funding details